Balance Vs Realism

Black Ops forum

oh, and it isnt like they dont just make stuff up anyway. heartbeat sensor? sentry gun? dual shotguns? it really pisses me off when my friends argue other series i like are unrealistic, but i cant argue back because they accept anything in cod as real, since that is all they know about modern warfare
lucaf
definitely balance is more important for a video game. i mean take MAG, i mean you get 128 people in a game al throwing realistic grenades that would completely f**k up the game. and even with grenades that have a 2 foot kill zone you are still constantly killed by grenades. yeah its unrealistic, but if it was, the entire game would be ruined. even though the game still sucks

balance is more important, but there are times that realism is really needed. (such as hitmarkers with a fuckin 50 cal)

"edited" MAG is ps3 only, i know that. i have a ps3 right now but i am getting an xbox in november... so dont be hatin
Kilolimakevin
Balance>realism and it will always be like this....
GMcC09

chadcoakley wrote:

I agree. I've met people who think something should change when you get shot, something like you can't move as fast. That would ruin the game. Realism in a videogame should really only rely on the guns, attachments, map types, and equipment. Other than that it should be up to the developer to make a fun fair game.

PS: Does it bother anyone that the word "videogame" isn't in the dictionary here? It had red squiggly below it and I had to actually add it.

i agree but lets say you get shot in the chest once but dont die i think you should start losing little bits of health and eventually die unless you already get killed but saying that, that should be in a different game mode
reaper_5659

Galaxy010 wrote:

Normally, I would say balance, but knowing the juggernaut CoD has become I'd say realism is becoming more important. I'll explain:

High schoolers. I'm in high school, and I'll tell you that I am the only one with a brain there. You see, most of these kids play CoD only, and get all their gun knowledge from CoD. And when they seriously talk about using Akimbo Sawed of Barrel Shotguns with Buckshot, or using a Barret 50 cal and "quock-scoping" Nazis "like BOOM BOOM BOOM" if they were in WWII, you know there is a problem. People do't realize how deadly things like the kickback from these guns would be. Also, they don't realize Heartbeat Sensors and Thermal SIGHTS (yes I know there is thermal vision on guns, but not sights) aren't real. Nor do they understand that the M16 is fully automatic, and they called me stupid for suggesting it was because if it was "it wouldn't be burst in CoD."

What I'm not asking for is realism like jamming, I'm asking to keep things accurate. Don't let people run around with Dual shotguns, don't include non-real attatchments, and for the love of God, give snipers huge ass recoil from the hip.

nicely said u know how most die hard FPS online players want the games
reaper_5659

reaper_5659 wrote:

chadcoakley wrote:

I agree. I've met people who think something should change when you get shot, something like you can't move as fast. That would ruin the game. Realism in a videogame should really only rely on the guns, attachments, map types, and equipment. Other than that it should be up to the developer to make a fun fair game.

PS: Does it bother anyone that the word "videogame" isn't in the dictionary here? It had red squiggly below it and I had to actually add it.

i agree but lets say you get shot in the chest once but dont die i think you should start losing little bits of health and eventually die unless you already get killed but saying that, that should be in a different game mode

It may be based on war but it's still a game... I don't play cod to get shot and slowly bleed out it would make the game terrible. Also no other game is like this so why should COD?

If you get hitmarkers, there is an easy solution: AIM!
GMcC09
I think that the Call of Duty games should be way more realistic. BO looks extremely unrealistic because of the knife launcher, crossbow, etc. I know some little two year olds will say: "WeLl TeH cRoSsBoW iS a ReaL WeepOn!!1!" I know the crossbow is a real weapon, but when was it ever adopted by the U.S. Army or C.I.A.? Never, that's when. The original CoDs were realistic, such as 2 and 3, when once we got to WaW, things started going going downhill. Overall, I'm dissapointed with Call of Duty.
Bren926

Bren926 wrote:

I think that the Call of Duty games should be way more realistic. BO looks extremely unrealistic because of the knife launcher, crossbow, etc. I know some little two year olds will say: "WeLl TeH cRoSsBoW iS a ReaL WeepOn!!1!" I know the crossbow is a real weapon, but when was it ever adopted by the U.S. Army or C.I.A.? Never, that's when. The original CoDs were realistic, such as 2 and 3, when once we got to WaW, things started going going downhill. Overall, I'm dissapointed with Call of Duty.

You are aware that there is a weapon in real life used by the Spetsnaz called the "Projectile Knife" (Probably not the official name) right? Anyway thank you for all the opinions and views guys it actually kinda helps me get a better view on things.
An_Anthro_Fox
Balance should take precedent. It is a game and it is for fun. If it was more realistic (like MW2) everyone would camp and succeed 'cause all kids need to do is get a 2 bullet kill. With 4-5 bullet kills people can't camp as hard. Also explosive devices would be RIDICULOUSLY overpowered.
mixt4p3

Lubu Freak wrote:

Sw33TWater wrote:

Galaxy010 wrote:

Normally, I would say balance, but knowing the juggernaut CoD has become I'd say realism is becoming more important. I'll explain:

High schoolers. I'm in high school, and I'll tell you that I am the only one with a brain there. You see, most of these kids play CoD only, and get all their gun knowledge from CoD. And when they seriously talk about using Akimbo Sawed of Barrel Shotguns with Buckshot, or using a Barret 50 cal and "quock-scoping" Nazis "like BOOM BOOM BOOM" if they were in WWII, you know there is a problem. People do't realize how deadly things like the kickback from these guns would be. Also, they don't realize Heartbeat Sensors and Thermal SIGHTS (yes I know there is thermal vision on guns, but not sights) aren't real. Nor do they understand that the M16 is fully automatic, and they called me stupid for suggesting it was because if it was "it wouldn't be burst in CoD."

What I'm not asking for is realism like jamming, I'm asking to keep things accurate. Don't let people run around with Dual shotguns, don't include non-real attatchments, and for the love of God, give snipers huge ass recoil from the hip.

wow, douche. M16 DOES only fire 3 round burst. you are a hippocrite, and YOU clearly don't know anything about guns. FLIR scopes are very much in use today, so thermal SIGHTS do exist. non-real attachments? the ONLY non real attachment in mw2 is the hearbeat detector. thats IT. stop pretending like you know about guns, bro.

no hes right. the M16A2 in real life is fully automatic, it is also single round fire,3 round burst and 5 round burst

Time to do some teaching
raging_goose

Studios