Beware: Fried my PS3

Black Ops forum

I have been using my ps3 for a few years now, I've only had one game that continually caused my system to freeze up. Thank you Treyarch, now I have to buy an entirely new ps3.



In the last 3 days I have played 20 hours of NFS: Hot Pursuit and about 6 total hours of Black ops. Out of the 6 hours of black ops the system has frozen 8 times and now it won't load any game or movie. Tried with and without a disc, nothing works, so now i have to go out and spend money I didn't have on a new ps3.



This is the absolute last time I spend money on a Treyarch game. With every update and patch it got continually worse. I wish I was smart enough to prove that you were screwing people on purpose. Everyone should boycott any further Treyarch games and I would consider banning Activision from my household. Thanks for a waste of over $300, and that is being generous. I hope the executives and developers burn for what they have done to the gaming community.
tnkgunnerh66
Likes: 0
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎21-11-2010
23 REPLIES 23
There are occasional infinite loading screens here and there, but haven't had any freezes lately.
SpawnKiller1
Likes: 1
Posts: 920
Registered: ‎26-12-2010
sounds like a defective laser! ever tried to repair it, and this i got an xbox360 and a ps3, because all my friends also have a ps3.

nothing has happend to my ps3 and to their ps3, so it is probably you and not treyarch.
NL3X1st0R
Likes: 0
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎24-05-2010
NL3X1st0R is right, sounds like the laser has had it, happened to my PS3 fat couple of years back. I went out and bought a slim and was going to chuck the fat one in the bin but my mate had it, cost him £20 to fix with parts off eBay. Why they can't provide a feature like the 360 to save games to HDD I don't know, would save a lot of burnt out lasers for PS3 users.
x0xFOADx0x
Likes: 0
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎26-12-2010

x0xFOADx0x wrote:

 

Why they can't provide a feature like the 360 to save games to HDD I don't know, would save a lot of burnt out lasers for PS3 users.









Mwhahahahhaha xbox rule superior once again !!!! lol what i like dramatic things Smiley Tongue
maidenz
Likes: 0
Posts: 509
Registered: ‎23-08-2011
I have only had a problem with Black Ops. I have played a few other games and DVD's up until this point. If it's a laser problem then why won't the main PS3 load at all? You all are the experts, apparently, you tell me!!
tnkgunnerh66
Likes: 0
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎21-11-2010
Did I mention it loaded an online match and crashed completely!!!!!!
tnkgunnerh66
Likes: 0
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎21-11-2010
Hearing my PS3 sound like it's trying to spin the disks like a DJ is enough for me to stop playing black ops.



Among all the retarded features and what JD lied about this being developed by their PS3 team...this is the worst. Hearing my PS3 make that noise scares me my 4 month old slim will soon die on me. I have WAY more confidence to run GT5 B-spec 24/7 than to even play this buggy game for just 2 hours.



I had major regrets on buying the next COD after MW2 came out...turns out I should've followed my gut.



NEVER going to buy another Faggetarch game again, or at least not for the PS3.



Still deciding wether to trade the game in for a couple bucks or just shoot it sh*tless with my friend's airsoft guns.



Edit: A fried laser doesn't mean the system won't load, it just means the system can no longer read disks until you install a new laser (or just buy a new system). I had issues with 2 used PS2 slims I bought (bought one, had to return it for another), the system wouldn't load GT4 due to a bad laser, and returned the second system for a 3rd one and lucked out on a silver 90001 model (AKA, the newest model).
FERRARI_SPA
Likes: 0
Posts: 164
Registered: ‎12-10-2010

FERRARI_SPA wrote:

 

Hearing my PS3 sound like it's trying to spin the disks like a DJ is enough for me to stop playing black ops.



Among all the retarded features and what JD lied about this being developed by their PS3 team...this is the worst. Hearing my PS3 make that noise scares me my 4 month old slim will soon die on me. I have WAY more confidence to run GT5 B-spec 24/7 than to even play this buggy game for just 2 hours.



I had major regrets on buying the next COD after MW2 came out...turns out I should've followed my gut.



NEVER going to buy another Faggetarch game again, or at least not for the PS3.



Still deciding wether to trade the game in for a couple bucks or just shoot it sh*tless with my friend's airsoft guns.





This happened to me and 2 other friends. Black Ops freezes too much. For all those who dont know much about electronics, systems usually freeze because the CPU or RAM is being used to the max. And from what I heard, since they ported the PS3 version and it apparently wasnt tested much, its not using the PS3's hardware fully. I would say it was my PS3 thats at fault, but me and 2 other friends? Naw, its the game.



Maidenz wrote:

 

x0xFOADx0x wrote:

 

Why they can't provide a feature like the 360 to save games to HDD I don't know, would save a lot of burnt out lasers for PS3 users.









Mwhahahahhaha xbox rule superior once again !!!! lol what i like dramatic things Smiley Tongue



All fanboys suck. Go suck Microsofts d!ck some more.
T-Wizzle09
Likes: 0
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎05-11-2010

tnkgunnerh66 wrote:

 

I have been using my ps3 for a few years now.







sums it up for me
kerr5483
Likes: 0
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎07-05-2009

Studios