Black Ops? Is there any real STEALTH in this game?

Black Ops forum

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and I hate the game like most of us. But there is no true stealth in this game on multi-player at all. At times the fast paced firefights are fun, but it would be just as fun if there were true stealth strategies to the game. I know that camping is a frustration that the developers have attempted to address by leaving no place for a player to set up with a sniper rifle and just pick people off from a safe vantage point. But that somewhat defeats the fun of trying to devise a strategy of stealth. There is very little respectable cover in the game at all. Any viable sniping vantage point is either off to the side of the map, near the boundaries without any real shooting lanes or so glaringly open and obvious that by the time you can actually line up a shot you get nailed by someone with a SMG. Camo and lack of movement do little to nothing to prevent someone from picking you off with no scope from 100 yards. How can this game back up the name "Black-Ops"? Sticking to the shadows and finding a spot with solid cover and good vantage points would greatly compliment gameplay of a "black-ops" titled game. I get that the reigning strategy of this game is for ppl to stick together and call off targets to their teammates with longer range weapons who then take out the opposing long range shooter. But there are literally a grand total of 0 safe sniping areas in this game. Really no where or no map where stealth can really be employed. If you happen to get separated from your teammates, you might as well stick your rifle up your arse and fire away. Anyone else wish they would release some maps with solid cover and snipe areas without a backdoor death trap and with good vantage over the map?
RcSinger
18 REPLIES 18
Stealth? No not really, but of course this isn't one of those "snake" games either. Stealthy is a play style, as much running and gunning that goes on in this game, Stealthy isn't really in the equation.
splittinwigs Level 75
Ohh, and Camo. From a respectable distance with proper camo, shouldn't it be near impossible for an enemy to spot me? Close up I see that the player should be readily visible, but from halfway across the map, I get shot by people at times that even from their killcam perspective, I couldn't see myself and have trouble understanding how they even knew I was there in the first place. Ghost, Ninja, Not firing???
RcSinger
There is plenty of stealth, most people just don't like to play that way. Few things beat Ghost, Ninja, a silencer and single-handedly flanking the enemy.
MoMoony

RcSinger wrote:

Anyone else wish they would release some maps with solid cover and snipe areas without a backdoor death trap and with good vantage over the map?

i liked your post untill i got to this. so basically you want somewhere you can lay down with a sniper rifle, be totally invisible, and not get killed from behind? so how are people supposed to kill you? noobtubes have been nerfed so thats pretty much out. you dont want to be seen so shooting you is out. no sensible player will use the RCXD so thats out.

wow, your idea would make you invincible. thats a great way to add BALANCE to the game.

i agree on some more sniper friendly maps, but definately NOT the kind of maps that your asking for
mark_dogsy

RcSinger wrote:

Ohh, and Camo. From a respectable distance with proper camo, shouldn't it be near impossible for an enemy to spot me? Close up I see that the player should be readily visible, but from halfway across the map, I get shot by people at times that even from their killcam perspective, I couldn't see myself and have trouble understanding how they even knew I was there in the first place. Ghost, Ninja, Not firing???

Thats the thing about camping and killcams in this game. If you stay in the same place long enough, eventually people are going to "just know" where you are...
M0byFish
Honestly ninja is only good for SnD. No one sound whores in other game types.
B3hemoth
ghost pro and ninja are your stealth its hard to move without being seen but laying inside of a bush is pretty sneaky since most ppl will just run past you.

As far as camping in a window with a sniper rifle Villa has the best opportunities for this as long as you have claymores.

Generally you don't want to camp a building you want to run with your teammates and pick off ppl when you can. Also running around hip firing a sniper can be effective I've gotten a decent streak doing that before.

Its no secret sniping in this game isn't as easy as MW2 or even COD 4. So live with what you have adapt to the new gameplay.

I just snipe when I want to dick around definately not a good idea to snipe if I am worried about kill / death ratio I usually pull a 1.0 or higher thouth.
borat304
you are one of those kids that can only get kills but camping their ass off and hiding in corners. i feel like treyarch did an excellent job pleasing all those camping whores by providing all the "Equipment" that promotes so much camping like camera spike, claymore, motion sensor, etc. In this game you can NOW have a grenade AND a camping equipment which is bogus for kids who know how to run around and get kills.
pnoyRoss
It's called a Samsung 50" TRUE LED
hvac1977

Studios