Black Screen on PC BETA

Black Ops forum

Ok I found the requirements, 256Mb Video card, I got a 128, dont think I will be playing this. I do have a 256 but it doesnt use the newest slot type, oh well.
DEJAs_View
that cant be the problem many guys with newest and good graphiccards have the same problem ...i dont know...tried averything game is still not starting ( sound fine and black screen )...glad i didnt preorder
its_me1
Ive tryed everything posted here and nothing has worked. I have Xp and radeon x850 , as far as i can tell anyone with my series of card is having these issuse so it could be shaders 3.0
Azurose
Here is a Solution that has worked for me (the only reason I knew it was due to recent problems with Mercenaries 2): 1.) Find the .exe file for the world at war beta 2.) Right click and go to properties 3.) Click on the tab titled "Compatibility" 4.) check the box "Run this in compatibility mode for:" 5.) Select Windows 98/ME 6.) Click OK and try to start the program

-rivesm
Azurose
still need help...nothing is working.
hoooax
I have the x800xt and have same issue. Radion drivers and directx 9.0c are updated.

I have Plantronics USB DSP500 headset. I unplugged them and went to speakers, now have sound but still black screen.
shortTIMER
Same problem as the rest Ati X8ooxt black screen with sound, Sound Blaster live sound card. Both Directx and video drivers upto date.
capkiller1

Azurose wrote:

Here is a Solution that has worked for me (the only reason I knew it was due to recent problems with Mercenaries 2): 1.) Find the .exe file for the world at war beta 2.) Right click and go to properties 3.) Click on the tab titled "Compatibility" 4.) check the box "Run this in compatibility mode for:" 5.) Select Windows 98/ME 6.) Click OK and try to start the program

-rivesm

Ok this reply reminded me of an issue in a game, I think it may have been Ghost Recon, that required a lot of users to add a command at the end of either the "Target" line or the "Start" line (these lines are in the Properties window of the shortcut). However I can not remember what the command is. Could this be an issue? I do remember that the command had something to do with directX.
Taztwr
x850xt with no video too. latest drivers. i guess i SHOULD'VE expected that for installing a beta demo of a game.
steaming79
I've tryed everything i can think of from changing things around with the exe, sound and video but nothing is working.... i wish the devs would help....
Azurose

Studios