Black Screen on PC BETA

Black Ops forum

I would wish someone would help
capkiller1
Wait about 4-5 minutes and it will work
Bosty
I waited 30 min to 4 hours for it to "work" and nothing happend.
Azurose
yo just update the direct x and change your sound settings to 16 bit 48000...worked for me and i have vista..before i changed the sound it was just a black screen
evaniscool985

Azurose wrote:

Here is a Solution that has worked for me (the only reason I knew it was due to recent problems with Mercenaries 2): 1.) Find the .exe file for the world at war beta 2.) Right click and go to properties 3.) Click on the tab titled "Compatibility" 4.) check the box "Run this in compatibility mode for:" 5.) Select Windows 98/ME 6.) Click OK and try to start the program

-rivesm

Going backwards in tech shouldnt be an answer for a newly released Beta.
DEJAs_View
Make sure DX is updated to Aug 08 and drivers are up to date then try this:

I tried almost all of the solutions posted but came across another one I haven't seen here and it worked for me.

In "Sound and Audio device Properties" click Advanced under Speaker Settings

then go to the Performance tab and change Hardware Acceleration to full

and Sample Rate Conversion Quality to good.

This got me around the unhandled exception error. I got the black screen but if you wait 4-5 minutes, the game will start.
Bosty

Bosty wrote:

Make sure DX is updated to Aug 08 and drivers are up to date then try this:

I tried almost all of the solutions posted but came across another one I haven't seen here and it worked for me.

In "Sound and Audio device Properties" click Advanced under Speaker Settings

then go to the Performance tab and change Hardware Acceleration to full

and Sample Rate Conversion Quality to good.

This got me around the unhandled exception error. I got the black screen but if you wait 4-5 minutes, the game will start.

Still didnt work, You got to love a beta release 15 days before the release date!!!! Not a good start!!! So many issues no real good fixes. I have owned every Cod game from Cod, OU, Cod2, Cod3 for the xbox360, and Cod4, and I must say I never had the issues I have with this demo release. I know its just a beta, but come on to release the beta so late???
capkiller1
i cant find a solution either. i have a black screen and i waited but nothing happened. i can hear my mouse clicks and my dx drivers are up to date. i can also hear sound just no picture.
doctorknockers

doctorknockers wrote:

i cant find a solution either. i have a black screen and i waited but nothing happened. i can hear my mouse clicks and my dx drivers are up to date. i can also hear sound just no picture.

Thats what most of us are getting.
capkiller1
Im not getting anything just black screen, no sound...nothing

i meet all the minimum requirements and i have a 8800gt 512mb so its not my vid card...
rockdadubbs

Studios