Black Screen on PC BETA

Black Ops forum

People with the DX error just have to update directx 9.0c to the latest version.

People with only a black screen at start can simply throw away the bik video file, the game just skips this intro and continues loading. (c:\program files\activision\cod5directory\main\videos\ EMPTY THIS FOLDER)

Now all we need is the solution for the error that shuts down the game at start and gives a microsoft error which askes you to send or dont send.
SkyZip
Let me guess everyone that has had a problem has a ATI card!!
capkiller1
I have another solution for everyone out there getting the black screen that has worked every single time for me. Simply Alt+Tab out of the game, then Alt+Tab back into it. Just hit ESC afterwards and the intro screen should start right up. Worked for me everytime so far, but I'm using Vista, so I'm not sure if it works for XP.
Remni
I had the same problem...What I did to fix it was turned off my Antivirus Software...It was ESET's NOD32.
RCrawford
Anyone with around x850 radeon cards isnt gonna be able to play because of our cards missing shader 3.0 is my theory ... cuz most new games have it.
Azurose
wow. this is gay i give up.
Mastuh

SkyZip wrote:

Now all we need is the solution for the error that shuts down the game at start and gives a microsoft error which askes you to send or dont send.

Bingo. I had a similar issue with CoD4, would just crash after splash screen and I found a way around it, I just cant remember what I did, I had to delete some PB file ...
Lowpez
Who knows? So far the PC version looks unworth investment, this is the tech forum and as of yet I havent seen a bit of help from the techs, I might buy the 360 version but the roundhouse glitch has not had much tech answers either, are they just too busy to answer questions that have been presented? Maybe they are finishing up mission #1, they must have lots of promises to work on.
DEJAs_View
forget this im not buying this peice of shit game.
zenagota
this is by far is most Fxxxed up beta release ever in gaming history.
shadow_man

Studios