COD 9 will be the last installment in 2012

Black Ops forum

Hate cats! :razz:
214_Firestorm

Snakedoctor59 wrote:

It must be true. A Mayan calandar shows the world will end in December 2012. This is just after the tentative release date of COD 9 on 11/11/12.

There are dozens of theories about how this might happen. Some claim that 2012 is when the Earth will experience a polar shift. Others say that after 2012, the Earth will experience a period of terrible destruction followed by a new age of peace and enlightenment. A few claim that in 2012, a secret government (Canadian) will accomplish its goal of total world domination.

Based on the above info. I see no point in buying the game. I hope I get a beta key though.

Interesting, since the first CoD coincided with the arrival of the avatar of Krishna, signaling the end of the world.

According to John Major Jenkins, it takes 36 years to precess through the Galactic equator. The Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 to 2016. This is "era 2012"

At December 21, 2012CE 11:12 GMT during the December solstice the Sun is exactly aligned with the center of the Galaxy. According to the Mayas the center of the Galaxy is the cosmic womb: the place of dead, transformation, regeneration and rebirth. The Sun and Galactic Center are at 0 degrees Capricorn, the point of the December solstice. It makes a sextile to Neptune, right at the beginning of Pisces. This is an almost exact sextile. The orb is less then half a degree. This aspect can point towards a spiritual experience, a loss or both.

Pluto is the planet of radical transformation, death and rebirth. Saturn is the planet of the earthly realm and learning experiences, especially those of a more painful nature. Jupiter is the planet of expansion. It is the focus of the yod, the planet which receives the strong energy of the other planets involved. It also expands the energy of the other planets involved.

This yod indicates transformational processes which can be painful for many.

Jupiter has a central place in this because it is the focal point of the energy. This indicates changes in our religious systems, beliefs, philosophical systems.

Logically, the first date in the Mayan Long Count Calendar should be 0.0.0.0.0, but as the baktun (the first component) are numbered from 1 to 13 rather than 0 to 12, this first date is actually written 13.0.0.0.0.

The authorities disagree on what 13.0.0.0.0 corresponds to in our calendar.

.....13.0.0.0.0 = 8 Sep 3114 BCE (Julian) = 13 Aug 3114 BCE (Gregorian)

.....13.0.0.0.0 = 6 Sep 3114 BCE (Julian) = 11 Aug 3114 BCE (Gregorian)

.....13.0.0.0.0 = 11 Nov 3374 BCE (Julian) = 15 Oct 3374 BCE (Gregorian)

Assuming the first dates, the Long Count will again reach 13.0.0.0.0 on 21 or 23 December 2012CE.

The Long Count is really a mixed base-20/base-18 representation of a number, representing the number of days since the start of the Mayan era. It is thus akin to the Julian Day Number.

Although they are not part of the Long Count, the Mayas had names for larger time spans.

1 pictun = 20 baktun (2,880,000 days = approx. 7885 years)

1 calabtun = 20 pictun = 57,600,000 days = approx. 158,000 years

1 kinchiltun = 20 calabtun = 1,152,000,000 days = approx. 3 million years

1 alautun = 20 kinchiltun = 23,040,000,000 days = approx. 63 million years (did your conspiracy light just go on?)

Planetary Alignment Sept. 8, 2040

The End of the Muslim Calendar, 2076

The end of the Jewish Calendar, 2240
SoylentBob
Um, yeah...it looks like SoyBob keeps on paying his wiki- bill each month.

Snakedoctor59 wrote:

Some claim that 2012 is when the Earth will experience a polar shift.

Does this mean Evil will be a Southerner?
sixergixer
Hey, since kitten-killin' is the thing to do in this thread, I figured I'd join in.

Just wanted to say that I'm really excited for this release. I just hope that I can get a headset by then so I can hear Jinx say pew.

Anybody got their beta key yet?
sixergixer
You mean the secret canadian military is going to rise up and ruin us all?
dcam0326

sixergixer wrote:

Hey, since kitten-killin' is the thing to do in this thread, I figured I'd join in.

Just wanted to say that I'm really excited for this release. I just hope that I can get a headset by then so I can hear Jinx say pew.

Anybody got their beta key yet?

I think Void wants to say Pew. But most of us on the Trawler say "Pew" cause evil won't change his socks. Something about last time he wore them he got a direct hit* on kittens so now they are good luck.

*A "shack" in USAF bomber terminology.
Snakedoctor59

Snakedoctor59 wrote:

I think Void wants to say Pew.

Well, butter me up and feed me to the dogz, I did mean Void.

I'm not picky though, Jinx would do fine.
sixergixer
DCAM, Welcome to the boards!

sixergixer wrote:

:^: Um, yeah...it looks like SoyBob keeps on paying his wiki- bill each month.

Actually most of that information is not found in the wikipoodle which, incidentally, denotes 0.0.0.0.0 as the beginning of the calendar instead of 13.0.0.0.0.

The silly assumption most people make is that the last 13.0.0.0.0 was the Mayan Creation. True, it coincides with the Judeo-Christian Creation date rather nicely (c. 4000BCE), but that's hardly proof. Since the regular Mayan calendar resets (being only 52 years), and the Mayans had ideas of longer timespans than the Long Form Calendar allows, maybe Creation and the End are not marked with one cycle. 3 alautun or 60-odd kinchiltun could mark a revolution around the center of the galaxy, perhaps with a similar alignment to 2012. You hardly need near-geological time markers if all of Creation lasts for only 5,000 years.
SoylentBob

SoylentBob wrote:

You hardly need near-geological time markers if all of Creation lasts for only 5,000 years.

Just a good watch.

Would Sir care to view a Patek Philippe?
sixergixer

Snakedoctor59 wrote:

It must be true. A Mayan calandar shows the world will end in December 2012. This is just after the tentative release date of COD 9 on 11/11/12.

There are dozens of theories about how this might happen. Some claim that 2012 is when the Earth will experience a polar shift. Others say that after 2012, the Earth will experience a period of terrible destruction followed by a new age of peace and enlightenment. A few claim that in 2012, a secret government (Canadian) will accomplish its goal of total world domination.

Based on the above info. I see no point in buying the game. I hope I get a beta key though.

haha the world will end when chuck norris says so
dbogz

Studios