Cant Host Coop

Black Ops forum

Highlighted
Howdy

I'm having some trouble with Call of Duty: World at War.

When I host a Co-op game people can join my lobby fine. Then I start the game, everyone loads but then nobody synchronizes. The cursor appears and I can hear the sound of the game starting, however the loading screen stays for a minute or two and then everyone gets disconnected saying "There are not enough players to continue the game"

Basically the loading screen looks like:

Me: Loading

Player 2: Loading

Player 3: Loading

Player 4: Loading

then

Me: Synchronizing

then

Me: Ready

Then yeah, it just doesn't start. I have done some research into this and most people suggest opening ports. I have all the ones open that you need for world at war and ive checked them using PF Checker. (feel free to suggest any I might not have forwarded)

Any help would be awsome, just want to kill some zombies with my mates
Tarlidd
3 REPLIES 3
AWWWWWW
thunderbug
Here are some basic steps in getting something that should work to work.

The number 1 thing that stops people from loading is your firewall. Not norton or zone alarm, but either your router or modem. Routers have a built in firewall and you either need to port forward or allow access. Router firwalls block people from loading because since you are hosting, its on your ip and they load into your ip or something like that.

Are you using a router? what kind? search on google or if you know, go to the command center of your modem and either turn off its firewall or allow cod5 access. I have belkin so i would do this

http://192.168.2.1

Virtual servers

Add: (Game)

Private Ip: 1-254

Apply changes

Another thing you could try is to defragment your computer.

Start>Control panel>Preformance and Maintance>Rearange programs on your computer to make programs run faster

Note: windows xp here.

After you done either of these, restart your computer.

If its not that, then check your ping.

Start>Run>Command>Ping Yahoo.com

Ms is your ping. high ping can result in failure of hosting games.
starcraft1999
Hi thanks for the reply.

I am using a Belkin Voip Router (F1PI241EGau). I am connected via wire (quite a long one)

I have been into my router but I cant figure out how to add Call of duty to the firewall exceptions or disable it all together. It doesnt seem to be as simple as yours. I have 6 Options inside the firewall menu:

Access Control

MAC Filter

URL Blocking

Schedule Rule

Intrusion Detection

DMZ

Also to log into my router I had to use http://10.1.1.1

My ping for yahoo was 250ms.

I'm defraging my HD at the moment.

Thanks for the help so far
Tarlidd

Studios