Choosing Spawn Location

Black Ops forum

I think a good way to prevent spawn killing is to be able to choose your spawn destination.

We know there are 3 main types of weapons in CoD, long range mid range and close range. If each team had 3 predetermined spawn points each catering to those 3 types of weapons then people can choose where to respawn.

If you're using an SMG then you can respawn close to middle of the map where most of the action is. If you're using a sniper you can spawn near the outskirts of the map so you can set up camp and cover your team as a sniper was meant to do.

Thoughts?
vileself
24 REPLIES 24
This would probaly be ok as a deathstreak, with possible tweaking depending on testing.
icebankmice3if

dannywr wrote:

This would probaly be ok as a deathstreak, with possible tweaking depending on testing.

I agree but why just as a deathstreak and not after every death?
vileself
Too easily abused. It would feel like Mw2's dreadful spawn system all over again
icebankmice3if

dannywr wrote:

Too easily abused. It would feel like Mw2's dreadful spawn system all over again

The problem with MW2 spawns is that you often spawned and died right away. If you choose where you're spawning you cant really blame the game if you die right away.
vileself
Reminds me of BFBC2 so sounds good, and u could spawn on your "squad" another good ideal in my opinion
fl4tlined
Whooaa no no no no no....if you choose where to spawn, you will have no idea of where the enemy is. Often times, they are scattered throughout the map. If you choose where to spawn, it will be like using a tactical insertion. To me, this actually sounds like an overpowered tactical insertion.

This can work for you or against you; you can spawn behind enemy lines (giving you an unfair advantage)...or you can spawn where your buddy on the other team wants (giving them an unfair advantage). There may not be nukes in this game, but I still don't want to get douched with killstreaks every 10 seconds.
COLONEL_SPANKY
This is really against 'CoD'... And it won't work on all the different maps. They just need to make the spawn system better.
Doongi_Man

VileSelf wrote:

dannywr wrote:

The problem with MW2 spawns is that you often spawned and died right away. If you choose where you're spawning you cant really blame the game if you die right away.

More the other way round is really what im getting at, when you kill somebody and they spawn 3 feet behind you just round the corner with painkiller on and shoot you in the back right away. Watching you kill somebody then them respawn and kill you back all in a 6-7 second killcam isnt fun.

If they could choose a general area to spawn on every death this would become all too common

icebankmice3if
I think if it was a 4 deathstreak, and you could only select a general area of the map that occupies no enemys, that would be ok. Also not allowed in round based games for obvious reasons
icebankmice3if

Studios