Cloud Computing?

Black Ops forum

Indeed. Catchy name they have for it though.
Byzantine_Bomb

Byzantine Bomb wrote:

Indeed. Catchy name they have for it though.

yea, reminds me on CloudTM from the board here
Horrorman Level 75
Could he have soemthing to do with it? :shock:
Byzantine_Bomb

Byzantine Bomb wrote:

Could he have soemthing to do with it? :shock:

hmmm I don´t think so.
Horrorman Level 75
That's the kind of attitude they had when people asked, "Ever think thare will be another world war?"
Byzantine_Bomb

GhostSquad wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/06/16/e3.cloud.gaming/index.html?hpt=C2

Check out this link and tell me what you think.

i say no, i would rather play a game like mass effect on my big HD TV, then my computer monitor. and i dont like having to more then $3.33 a month for something
ivirtran1

ivirtran wrote:

i say no, i would rather play a game like mass effect on my big HD TV, then my computer monitor. and i dont like having to more then $3.33 a month for something

In the article it says you can use their TV adapted and controller... its not just for computers...
hqweedeater

hqWeedEater wrote:

ivirtran wrote:

In the article it says you can use their TV adapted and controller... its not just for computers...

Yea he's right tv, computers, etc. will be able to utilize the feature. There are a lot of possible benefits and cool features, but also some cons.

Industry critiques do not believe the video compression algorithms available in the current market are sufficient enough to ensure lag free games for end users. (They may prove this wrong though we will see) Also another problem is you do not own a hard copy of any software you buy, so if you decide to ever end the service then what happens to your game library? Another problem posted is how do you play the game during server outages or say an end user loses internet. Right now console users have the option to play SP games, but you cannot do anything when their system fails.
gorillahands4

hqWeedEater wrote:

ivirtran wrote:

well the thing is i didnt read the whole thing
ivirtran1
Haha well I was just pointing it out man
hqweedeater

Studios