CoD sometimes seems unfair from another perspective

Black Ops forum

Well, first of all, this aint a complain about the gameplay or anything, I have a good K/D ratio I'm proud of, this has to do with real war and CoD.

Ok, now that first things have been stated, lets start:

Lets say, You're playing TDM and your team is wining, by collecting big Killstreaks you start sending napalm strikes, artillery, attack chopper, etc.

And what about the enemy? with all those killstreaks giving them a pain what else could they do? the common strategy would be to wait until all streaks are over so they can try and build a new streak to push-off the enemy. But they are so overwhelmed that they can barely make an effective offense against your team.



Now lets use the empathy a 'lil, what would you do if you were in the losing team? Overwhelmed by the enemy, with tons of killsteraks ruining your every move.

It seems unfair right? Its like USA vs a small nation like lets say, Cuba, and if USA is already wining with their strategic combat, they later decide to launch a nuke, it would be overdoing the things a lot don't you think?



Here's a somewhat funny reference I found some time ago in a comic:

http://digitalunrestcomic.com/index.php?date=2009-11-02



What are your thoughts?
BooMRockS
Likes: 0
Posts: 1003
Registered: ‎10-12-2009
80 REPLIES 80
I'd say no to a point.

Say like in your example, the US is already winning the fight with strategic combat, there is no need for the wide spread destruction and political BS that would come from using the nuke. Because in reality, the US Military really does try to minimize the collateral damage because of cost and political reputation. Only reason you hear about collateral damage on the news is because it doesn't happen as often as they say.



As many operations that are carried out, that you never hear about, that are successful compaired to the ones that you hear about on the news - the ratio of of success to failure is huge. Despite what the news says as they seem to only report what goes wrong, not the part of operations that go right.



Does that makes sence?
keysersoze_
Likes: 1
Posts: 1174
Registered: ‎21-09-2011
Yes, but you got carried away, I used the nuke from USA as an example as if it was used in CoD like the multiple Killstreaks from the already dominating team.
BooMRockS
Likes: 0
Posts: 1003
Registered: ‎10-12-2009
And also, in relevence to the the title of your thread, This only being a "Game" despite that some people take that to the extreme.. it's still just a game.

If you earn a killstreak, use that killstreak to benifit you and the rest of your team. If your on the opposing side, you are experiencing what the real world calls "demoralization". It is a tactic used in real combat to weaken a enemy for a moral defeat. (People do it to eachother every day on these forums) And weather the people in game do this knowingly is anyones guess.

Only so much abuse can be taken before they will either surrender or let them selves be defeated.



It's only a game, it should be played as such because in every game there is a loser. And if I am on the losing side I try to take it in stride and not get upset, because if the players that were pwning don't leave while in the lobby .. their going to get my best efforts the next round
keysersoze_
Likes: 1
Posts: 1174
Registered: ‎21-09-2011

Joseph_4521 wrote:

 

Yes, but you got carried away, I used the nuke from USA as an example as if it was used in CoD like the multiple Killstreaks from the already dominating team.





You did ask "what are your thoughts?" in the OP....
keysersoze_
Likes: 1
Posts: 1174
Registered: ‎21-09-2011
Highlighted
LOL, true, but still I see it like that cuz, If your team is already wining and sending KS over and over again, where is the challenge in that?

I mean, you would be able to leave the game for a while and your character in middle of the map and by the time you return your character would still be there unharmed.

Its like, umm, the movie Megamind, where is the fun of dominating if there is no one to try to stop you? Being in this case the enemy team.
BooMRockS
Likes: 0
Posts: 1003
Registered: ‎10-12-2009

Joseph_4521 wrote:

 



..... Its like USA vs a small nation like lets say, Cuba, .....





Oh, you mean a small nation like Vietnam? Oh wait... The US got their ass handed to them there. Or wait, you mean a small nation like Iraq? Oh wait, they are getting their ass handed to them there too... Oh, I know, you mean a small nation like Afghanistan? Oh wait, Everyone who has tried has gotten their ass handed to them there....



Point being.. You do not win a war by killing the Enemy army, you win a war by gaining the trust of the people who live in the country, something the US, and most other nations are notorious for failing at.
kweagle
Likes: 30
Posts: 4829
Registered: ‎22-09-2011

kweagle wrote:

 

Joseph_4521 wrote:

 



..... Its like USA vs a small nation like lets say, Cuba, .....





Oh, you mean a small nation like Vietnam? Oh wait... The US got their ass handed to them there. Or wait, you mean a small nation like Iraq? Oh wait, they are getting their ass handed to them there too... Oh, I know, you mean a small nation like Afghanistan? Oh wait, Everyone who has tried has gotten their ass handed to them there....



Point being.. You do not win a war by killing the Enemy army, you win a war by gaining the trust of the people who live in the country, something the US, and most other nations are notorious for failing at.





No you win a war by having soldiers that eat, sleep, and drink, and kills the opposition by any means.
cod009
Likes: 0
Posts: 569
Registered: ‎26-11-2010

cod009 wrote:

 





No you win a war by having soldiers that eat, sleep, and drink, and kills the opposition by any means.







^^^^^^ Fail Statement ^^^^^^



"Soldiers" are not the ones you need to worry about.... I would have thought that would have been made obvious by all the examples I gave above...
kweagle
Likes: 30
Posts: 4829
Registered: ‎22-09-2011
no no no i just meant we cant beat people that are willing to loose and die. for example the afghan.
cod009
Likes: 0
Posts: 569
Registered: ‎26-11-2010

Studios