DLC Map Packs

Black Ops forum

Highlighted
Just let me be clear to begin that i was so excited for when the maps came out i thought they were good but noticed a lot of issues. Lets start with stadium.

Stadium is a well designed map although i have reason to believe that they rushed the making of the map because for some god damn reason treyarch thought it would be a good idea to spawn guys behind the other team every time than they spawn them away from the other team or in my case the headquarters cause i play lots of hardcore headquarters i know this issue came up when the game was released and they have tweaked it a bit but it still isn't good. As for the so called "Run and Gun" style they originally gave it why in gods name would they put some much hiding spots for people to camp its a stadium a stadium doesn't have its own little garden it should've been more of a parking lot on the outside instead of rows of buildings and walls and dark corners now i understand there are ways to beat the campers but this is not a "run and Gun'" map whatsoever in my view its a larger version of lets say firing range with a stadium lobby thrown in.

Now Kowloon, Personally my favorite as i have only played three of the four maps so far i havent really noticed a lot wrong with it although the rain is annoying as hell as it ruins basically all the footsteps. Love the Zip line aspect to the game but it is a decent size map and with all the buildings i definately recommend either marathon or lightweight but not both no need for that amount of running. I also think that Tactical insertions are better than claymores on this map because of how complex the layout is and how many good spots there are to put them without getting noticed right away.

Discovery was suppose to be one of the larger maps with great site lines for snipers and coming from someone who likes to snipe a lot i fail to see these great sitelines they have been talking about i found maybe at the best one or two good spots but for a big map like that holy crap get rid of some of the mansion buildings that are in the way like there is no need for a giant building every 50 feet that ruins the map as a sniper map i have a better time sniping long distance on firing range than on Discovery i like the layout but to many buildings and not enough site lines for sniping.

Last but not least you would think that the new maps would be popping up so more in the rotation but when they mean a little more priority they must me the size of JD 2020's dick which is almost invisible because he has no balls to say anything on this site anymore i mean seriously i dont want to play 6 old maps before 1 new map not very fun.

Anyways there is my 2 cents comment below let me know what you think
leafsfamatic131
9 REPLIES 9
in reply to leafsfamatic131
Almost had a good post until you commented on JD's pp. You are sick.
Trout_19
Man what ever we all know hes a little prick so might as well take a stab at him
leafsfamatic131
i think berlin wall is always shown on the selection board. I think maybe they should reduce it a bit because I got quite bored of it already..

other then that, i love kowloon. I hate stadium because once you are spawn trapped, you can never get out & also Discovery is really boring and is a weird map in general.
imQuicksterz
Snipping, your complaining because you cant snipe on the new maps. I been using FAL in Hardcore in all those maps, and doing pretty well. Do what i been doing since i download it, play offline so you know where all the camping spots are and some blind spots. Then go live and start rapping the campers that are to afraid to step out of a door way. I like them all, but the koowhatever map.. way way to many camping spots in that map and too dark. I had to brighten up my screen so i can see. Thermal is the only thing going for that map.
gzowner
I like the map pack. Stadium is my least favorite right now (only played each map twice) your right it is a campers map labeled run and gun. Kowloon is good, SMG's are raining supreme. Berlin wall is ok, butt load of camping spots that will get annoying, i like the no mans land. Discovery is awesome i think. There are some of the best sniping spots on this map then any other in the game, this map would have been badass for a night map. There are also multiple entry ways to rooms, i see less camping on this one.
SICCNESS
TLSmiley Very HappyR
greencoffin72
New Maps are garbage!! where is infinity ward when ya need em!
threekg
keep the updates coming this is the only advantage of 360 getting it before ps3 i want to hear all the problems and how they are addressed and if they are addressed for the ps3 version.......sounds like the failed with the layouts horrifically if there are no sniping spots i would actually consider sniping if they fixed that....also why not canex the buildings in the way on the maps and have smaller obstacles that a runner and gunner like myself can duck behind real quick to get out of site but not make it impossible to snipe......just some suggestions
fuf1989

leafsfamatic131 wrote:

Just let me be clear to begin that i was so excited for when the maps came out i thought they were good but noticed a lot of issues. Lets start with stadium.

Stadium is a well designed map although i have reason to believe that they rushed the making of the map because for some god damn reason treyarch thought it would be a good idea to spawn guys behind the other team every time than they spawn them away from the other team or in my case the headquarters cause i play lots of hardcore headquarters i know this issue came up when the game was released and they have tweaked it a bit but it still isn't good. As for the so called "Run and Gun" style they originally gave it why in gods name would they put some much hiding spots for people to camp its a stadium a stadium doesn't have its own little garden it should've been more of a parking lot on the outside instead of rows of buildings and walls and dark corners now i understand there are ways to beat the campers but this is not a "run and Gun'" map whatsoever in my view its a larger version of lets say firing range with a stadium lobby thrown in.

Now Kowloon, Personally my favorite as i have only played three of the four maps so far i havent really noticed a lot wrong with it although the rain is annoying as hell as it ruins basically all the footsteps. Love the Zip line aspect to the game but it is a decent size map and with all the buildings i definately recommend either marathon or lightweight but not both no need for that amount of running. I also think that Tactical insertions are better than claymores on this map because of how complex the layout is and how many good spots there are to put them without getting noticed right away.

Discovery was suppose to be one of the larger maps with great site lines for snipers and coming from someone who likes to snipe a lot i fail to see these great sitelines they have been talking about i found maybe at the best one or two good spots but for a big map like that holy crap get rid of some of the mansion buildings that are in the way like there is no need for a giant building every 50 feet that ruins the map as a sniper map i have a better time sniping long distance on firing range than on Discovery i like the layout but to many buildings and not enough site lines for sniping.

Last but not least you would think that the new maps would be popping up so more in the rotation but when they mean a little more priority they must me the size of JD 2020's dick which is almost invisible because he has no balls to say anything on this site anymore i mean seriously i dont want to play 6 old maps before 1 new map not very fun.

Anyways there is my 2 cents comment below let me know what you think

Was there really any need to say that about JD? That one comment renders the whole post pointless when you have to end it with crap like that.
Red_Al

Studios