Do PC users have this problem?

Black Ops forum

-AJTLkNUYGE

Hit detection is a major issue on consoles for sure, just wondering if PC users have these issues?
infestedmuffins
8 REPLIES 8
I haven't noticed any problems with hit detection.. It's most likely that it could be due to lag or poor host. On consoles you're connected with someone in the game as host, thus that person usually has a huge advantage over everyone else (not sure about black ops but in CoD4, WaW, and MW2 the host was seemingly bulletproof) I have heard alot of people complain that in black ops the host is put at a severe disadvantage, so perhaps that could be part of the problem. (I think treyarch probably screwed something up while trying to get rid of the host advantage the other games gave)

PC is definately far better for gaming simply due to the presence of dedicated servers (nobody is host, and everyone has roughly the same amount of ping/lag) Only problem PC users face (aside from getting the game to run on a low quality pc lol) is servers with retarded rules, or server admins who abuse their power (kicking anyone who is better than they are) Still better than the many problems that surface due to bad hosts.
xCRAZY_MOFOx

InfestedMuffins wrote:

-AJTLkNUYGE

Hit detection is a major issue on consoles for sure, just wondering if PC users have these issues?

http://www.youtube.com/user/toamuka?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/MqbJXA77Xs4

me playing, i think the last kill has a bit of hitbox disfunction.

please comment rate and sub if you likeSmiley Happy i also have more,
Ionpower
I haven't seen hit detection issues PC side , then again I only play in servers that ping 30-40 or less...
Maxdamage420

Maxdamage420 wrote:

I haven't seen hit detection issues PC side , then again I only play in servers that ping 30-40 or less...

This.

I guess hit detection is a problem if the ping is too high, as actions you do (ex. Firing your gun) happens first client side, before the action is sendt to the server/host.

I play only at servers with low ping, so that's probably why I haven't experience such things.
Norwolf
I just posted a knife lunge vid, but the only reason I died is because I got only 2 hit markers when at least 4 bullets were on target. My ping was 30 as it always is.

f-t-m
In a one-on-one duel its not reaction speed that matters most, its your ping. If you have smaller ping, you can add the difference to your reaction time before comparing who shoots first. Meaning: if you have 30 ms ping and your opponent has 110 ms ping, you get a 80ms advantage (huge, enemy bullets just won't register if you shoot up to 75ms after your opponent, which is a lot).

In a situation where you're running behind corner and enemy shoots you afterwards, having a small ping doesn't matter. If enemy lags 500 ms, you'll just be hit 0.5s after you get behind a corner. Same phenomena as "magic bullets" in MW2. Dedicated servers only removed host advantage and need for a lobby, they didn't change much how lag works compared to mw2.

How to find out you lag too much? Throw a grenade. If it appears instantly, your ping is fine. If it appears with a delay after throwing, you lag. The longer it takes for the grenade to appear, the bigger your ping is. Your bullets will take same amount of time to reach enemy, if they don't shoot you first.
Shinigami84

Maxdamage420 wrote:

I only play with 30-40 ping too but that doesn't stop other people with 100+ ping messing up your hit detection. It works both ways.
jimladd
Highlighted

check that out lol me playing, the 1st clip is me ranting on how i somehow missed collateral :/ even though i obviously hit 2 people, i didnt even get a hitmarker on the 2nd guy i didnt get. Seconds is some noscope easiness and how the sniper dominates up close instead of far away and third is how i can lean and try shoot through a corner i can see through, but cant really shoot and kill someone through.
EbilJackal

Studios