Dual Wielded Pistols Are NOT A Good Idea

Black Ops forum

in mw2 i enjoyed using akimbo deagles

and i really think there is no balance issue with something as small as akimbo pistols
ryoi360
I agree with everything you said.

It's also a stupid-looking gimmick to appeal to kids.
djlbham

djlbham wrote:

The same thing could be said about zombies.
NattyIceKing
But they suck like at median range and long. Only good at close range. Also lame accuracy. You can see how it's balanced.
rrolando42

NattyIceKing wrote:

Akimbo pistols are a great idea. I dont understand why people cry about it. If the enemy is able to get in close enough to take you out with a pistol thats your own damn fault. Check your corners and watch your back!

It isn't that, it's the fact that snipers (and other groups who lack CQB) can use them as powerful CQB weapons and make SMG's useless again exactly like the way it was in MW2.

ryoi360 wrote:

in mw2 i enjoyed using akimbo deagles

and i really think there is no balance issue with something as small as akimbo pistols

I enjoyed them as well when I played. That really doesn't matter though.

rrolando42 wrote:

But they suck like at median range and long. Only good at close range. Also lame accuracy. You can see how it's balanced.

Pistols were never good to begin with at long ranges. At medium ranges, they can be outperformed by literally any other weapon class. So they do average up close, beating only snipers on a one on one equal skill fight and perhaps LMG's. Akimbo pistols do more than that up close, and I would say they outperform SMG's up close while still enabling the user to have long range firepower in the form of any other gun aside from shotguns andd SMG's, the two main groups of weapons I'm also protecting here.
DropDragon

NattyIceKing wrote:

djlbham wrote:

The same thing could be said about zombies.

Zombies was an easter egg, and not something that unbalanced multiplayer.

rrolando42 wrote:

NOTHING in MW2 was balanced (apart from SPAS, and even then it wasn't perfect).

It's not balanced because as people said, you fire 2 bullets at once, and can have one weapon available while you reload. Also it pees on realism's corpse (it was raped and murdered by 1887s ).
Ali_Bin_Bushra
i say keep them but if their to powerful then maybe take of the primary if akimbo is in use for that user
joname14
I have to agree with you man. Snipers always had duel magnums, so annoying. I gotta admit though I used it with the riot shield alot in search, good times... I still play MW2 just for the shield+magnum combo X D
BlueHeadShot
I think they should leave akimbo pistols in if they are a perk.
Kendrick1313
Maybe a perk. It should be an Overkill perk or something though.
DropDragon

Studios