Dual Wielded Pistols Are NOT A Good Idea

Black Ops forum

Agreed.

The people that say Shotguns and machine pistols need to go, and then support Akimbo pistols are just fooling themselves.

The only drawback to akimbo pistols is that you can't aim down your sights, so accurate firing isn't exactly an option. This is easily offset by the fact that all you have to do is click the trigger AFAP, and you get the kill close range. Using your pistol beyond close range is almost always suicide, and since the entire purpose of handguns is to fast swap, having to waste extra time to ADS isn't always preferred.

pistols become easymode, almost as powerful as shotguns, with very little in the way of severe drawbacks. (for a handgun).
Sane_Hedrone
I agree if shotguns are a primary weapon then anything that is akimbo should be a primary weapon. If Akimbo is secondary and shotguns are primary then everyone will run around with akimbos and that would be retarded and annoying.

Personally I would like them not in the game at all but I have a feeling they will be in Black Ops. If that is the case make them a primary weapon.
bequietkids

CamelTowing wrote:

But running around as a sniper with silenced dual M9s had to be by far the best thing evar! I say keeps

Would be the "best thing evar" if the silencers worked. Anyways, I think Treyarch should keep the pistols simple; they could add a few unique perks. Remember Treyarch, keep it simple and don't add all these rubbish attachments that don't even work.
Monday_Shadow

SmokeCrackles wrote:

What your trying to do is ***** and alter this game cause you got your ass raped in MW2 by people with skill, akimbo isnt broken its fair. Use your brain can you hit anything from far away with akimbo.... No there for it has a down side and is balanced , unless you played like me and sniped with Akimbo Mag's , But seriously you ***** at people runing around with Akimbop Usp's when your probly that one ***** in a Corner with a ACR-w/Tube and a PP2000-FMJ cause that **** is just fair as hell

akimbo isnt even realistic. now cod is no Military Sim. but i must say that akimbo is just retarded, just like the people who support it.
ScO_Hi11Bi11y_2
keep them! G18's hahahahahahahah funny stuff good times good times
USASoldier22

ScO Hi11Bi11y 2.0 wrote:

SmokeCrackles wrote:

What your trying to do is ***** and alter this game cause you got your ass raped in MW2 by people with skill, akimbo isnt broken its fair. Use your brain can you hit anything from far away with akimbo.... No there for it has a down side and is balanced , unless you played like me and sniped with Akimbo Mag's , But seriously you ***** at people runing around with Akimbop Usp's when your probly that one ***** in a Corner with a ACR-w/Tube and a PP2000-FMJ cause that **** is just fair as hell

akimbo isnt even realistic. now cod is no Military Sim. but i must say that akimbo is just retarded, just like the people who support it.

Guess im retarded then woo hoo!

Just dont make anything similar to the models. Shotguns that shoot 20 ft away = no bueno
USASoldier22

This has to be in the next cod.
CamelTowing
I'm not a huge fan of akimbo anything in the first place. The inaccuracy of using weapons like this is comical, no one uses them because it's better to knife at an akimbo weapon's most effective range (point blank) and more effective to just aim down a sight at just about any other range (akimbo's least effective ranges).

Needless to say I support the original poster in his stance against akimbo pistols. I think Treyarch can come up with more useful and unique attachments to a weapon.
Shogibo
Pistols are a 2 hit kill with SP? And you only need to pull both triggeers??? So F**k! Just double tap. How is akimbo M9s better than a single if the target is over 15meters away.

The 357 was a sniper, and fine.
gazajed1
Hopefully Treyarch loses Akimbo altogether - unrealistic and stupid.
sstang1

Studios