Dual Wielded Pistols Are NOT A Good Idea

Black Ops forum

Akimbo G18's are too.
DropDragon

wedgie208 wrote:

akimbo pistols are hard to unlock though...

So i guess we could let the player spawn with a tank as long as it was hard to unlock right? Things being harder to unlock just not justify them being better.
Yorik
I don't know about you guys, but I found the akimbo pistols to be extremely cheesy. Naturally, cod is not meant to be realistic but you need to draw the line somewhere. This is a military shooter, not a Swartzeneggar film.

Akimbo anything equals fail to the max.
Yorik
I feel that the "Akimbo" attachment should be included on only non-automatic pistols. The pistols like the M9's and the USP .45 should have the "Akimbo" attachment as it's only fair. Pistols like the G18's are already strong enough as it is.
Critical2hit1
While i didnt think they were much of a problem, i agree with u. having it as a perk would give a nice tactical decision to the player or if u can pick up another pistol like halo's dualwielding, then that would be awsome.
treyarch_zombie

Critical2hit wrote:

I feel that the "Akimbo" attachment should be included on only non-automatic pistols. The pistols like the M9's and the USP .45 should have the "Akimbo" attachment as it's only fair. Pistols like the G18's are already strong enough as it is.

The main pistols I was talking about was these. They are 2HKO's with SP and without you're still one hell of a tank.

Its pretty obvious that G18's and such are unfair for Akimbo but I was mainly getting at the low caliber pistols everyone wants akimbo for.
DropDragon
Akimbo just being an attachment would be ridiculous if handguns were the only secondaries. In MW2 it works since it helps the handguns compete with the machine pistols and shotguns, but if those categories were removed it'd get goofy and everyone would be John Woo whipping out two pistols.

I'd think it'd be cool if akimbo pistols required either:

1. The pro version of Overkill.

2. Another tier 1 or tier 3 perk.

3. A tier 2 perk if this slot becomes less powerful than in other titles (IE: No SP, Jugg, Cold Blooded)
Kalar
The akimbo idea was pretty good, but the idea of it being a perk, or even taking a perk maybe would be better. Although picking up another gun sounds a little like halo to me, but still good.
Brandana1
If they keep equipment get rid of that.
leadkills
I'll be mass producing my patented "Say No-No to Akimbo" tee shirts soon...
kaizersosa

Studios