Dual Wielded Pistols Are NOT A Good Idea

Black Ops forum

I say, no akimbo at all in game, its just stupid, one of those mediocre updates added into MW2
ringo13

ringo13 wrote:

I say, no akimbo at all in game, its just stupid, one of those mediocre updates added into MW2

Everything was mediocre man...
DropDragon
Bumpity bumpity bumpz.
DropDragon

dannywr wrote:

I dont like Akimbo' neither.

- Give's any weapon too much power, even handguns

- Looks ridiculous

- I know the game isnt suppose to be exactly like real life but it should atleast try to give the impression of realisim. I dont think firing 1 gun with 1 hand and reloading a gun with the other hand somehow, give's that impression.

And here's another way of looking at it from a weapon discription point of view.

'Dual wield weapon'

Imagine if the attachment description read like this.

'Double the Damage & Magazine size of this weapon at the cost of aiming down sight.'

Now, if people read it like that they'd have probaly played hell with IW.

Well said but you forgot double the rate of fire. Even if you have fast fingers and you shoot with pistols really fast, if you have akimbo and tap both at the same time then it's double.

The problem is Call of Duty maps are usually medium sized with the exception of some. You only ever see akimbo pistols at close range because you still have a primary AR or some other. Akimbo pistols in MW2 were pretty OP at close range. it was a 3 hit kill with USP.45s with stopping power. I say take them out.
distraction
^It's actually a 2HK with SP up close. The weaker pitols have a lot more spammablility up close to make them deadly and the more powerful ones don't need SP up close, and they can be used at surprisingly far ranges (got a kill halfway across Highrise on the Heli pad when I used to play MW2).
DropDragon
Yeah, it is pretty unfair when you are just spamming USP's for a ridiculous long range kill (relatively) with Steady Aim, that's also not skillful and unfair especially for snipers in search that don't quickscope.
BlazingCheeze
i agree with the desert eagle if u shoot it with 1 hand n reality it will break your wrist and if itz akimbo then u already kno what happens to both your hands
uvaboy
The only problem I ever had with people using akimbo was with the G18.

I actually enjoyed using akimbo M9 silenced every now and then.

(Boondock Saints, anyone?)
atrace

ATrace wrote:

The only problem I ever had with people using akimbo was with the G18.

I actually enjoyed using akimbo M9 silenced every now and then.

(Boondock Saints, anyone?)

I guess you've never come across akimbo M93 rafficas.
distraction
The G18, shotguns, and other MP's overshadowed akimbo pistols but they are still good.

And BTW, silenced M9's don't work. The silencer is broken. Nice touch for IW to put on eh?
DropDragon

Studios