Error: An error occurred while connecting to the server

Black Ops forum

Error: An error occurred while connecting to the s...

Anytime I try to join a multiplayer game, this is the error that I get.

"Error: An error occurred while connecting to the server"

And if I try to make a private game, it loads and then goes black and stops responding.

Also, if I try to play zombies, it will put me in a party, count down, then say the party is no longer active.

Activision support has so far been worthless. They've given me a few suggestions but to no avail. I'm on a public network of which I am not an administrator so I can't really open any ports, but considering everything other game I own works perfectly fine (including COD4:MW), I have a hard time believing that would be the problem. I'm hoping somebody may know what to do?

4GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Turion 2 P520 Dual Core

ATI Radeon 5650 HD 1GB

Windows 7 64-bit Home

Every other game I own (including Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) works 100% totally fine with no problems whatsoever. This has baffled everyone I know. Hopefully someone knows whats up.
MZA_
3 REPLIES

Re: Error: An error occurred while connecting to t...

!
MZA_

I am having the same issue, when ever I try to connect to a game I either A) play halfway through it and then get a "cannot connect to the Black Ops server at this time." message or B) cant connect to any games. My rank and insigna will be blank aswell.
Blurdvision01

I have been trying to connect to games all day with no luck. I can play wager matches but that is it. Nothing else. No zombies, no team death matches. Nothing. Just wager matches. At one point I got into a game and I was the only one in it. Just me. I have reset my router and opened the ports I need.

This happened after I lost 18 levels. I played for about 8 hours on Tuesday after I got the game and after the 8 hours, when I finished a couple zombie matches with friends, my level went from 24 to 6 in seconds.

Two huge disappointing problems from a game that I have been looking forward to for a very long time.

Please get this can be fixed soon, or else I may be using the game as kindling sometime soon.

yoink1

Studios