FIX THE DAMN CREATE A CLASS! NOT SAVING!

Black Ops forum

Highlighted

CrazyCanuck wrote:

since your stats and weapons and classes are stored online..do you have steam cloud enabled in your options.

I dont know if its super important but it is a feature to ensure your stats are kept available for you

ofc.
Aullahh
I'm not saying that you are doing this but a lot of people tend to just hit Escape when the "Downloading Game Settings" screen pops up to get it out of the way, as sometimes it can stay there for a while. The statement is actually quite misleading cause when that screen pops up it is actually uploading your changes to their master server.

This can cause you to lose recent class/killstreak/playercard changes as you are essentially interrupting your info from updating by pressing escape. Smiley Tongue

Perhaps the statement should read "Saving your Settings - Do not press Esc" or something along those lines.
fransavarese

fransavarese wrote:

I'm not saying that you are doing this but a lot of people tend to just hit Escape when the "Downloading Game Settings" screen pops up to get it out of the way, as sometimes it can stay there for a while. The statement is actually quite misleading cause when that screen pops up it is actually uploading your changes to their master server.

This can cause you to lose recent class/killstreak/playercard changes as you are essentially interrupting your info from updating by pressing escape. Smiley Tongue

Perhaps the statement should read "Saving your Settings - Do not press Esc" or something along those lines.

^^This.
mannee01
HEY! STILL NOT WORKING! FIX IT FFS! ITS UNPLAYABLE IN THIS STATE!!!
Aullahh
This is happening to a lot of people I know. This is a big issue since they can't buy/equip weapons/attachments/perks/killstreaks. It seems to be an issue with the ranking drops since it happened at that time.
TheeKrazyOne
I got this after prestigeing to 5th. I had the fortune to once change a custom class but after that I can't change nor buy anything, not even Killstreak's. They all reset (CoD points refund to account, custom classes goes back to what they were before) after returning to mainmenu. It's pretty frustrating. 35k of CoD points and no way to use them...
balladin
Patch did NOT fix the issue. We are all still rank raped!

-Can't change anything

- Lost ALL prestige and rank

- Screwed because we can't use ANY better weapons or perks

- Screwed because our stats now have nothing to do with our progress!

- Screwed because no developer, community manager or anyone that knows what is being done about this will say anything. Cowards!

LIVE FIXES

2/7/11

PC Patch 1.06

* • Issues with weapon purchases after prestiging in some cases

Studios