Game Finisher instead of Nuke

Black Ops forum

Hi everyone. This is an idea I've had ever since I heard of the nuke in MW2 ending the game at a 25 kill streak. Now when I heard that much like everyone I thought it was awesome. Personally though, I thought it was kind of flawed. Not flawed as in the mechanics but flawed in concept. I didn't like the fact that your team died along with the enemy team after using the nuke because technically if you die too, you did not achieve victory. Now at first I thought it would have been better if they had everyone on the team with the nuke try and reach a bomb shelter that emerges from some point in the map before the nuke could be dropped. Anyone that died could spawn near or in the bomb shelter to avoid the enemy team camping and trying to stop the occurrence of the nuke. Another idea I had to avoid the camping issue was that only the team with the nuke could see the bomb shelter/escape point. Now I still like this idea and I think it could apply greatly to the idea I am about to mention.

So my idea is called Game Finisher. It is basically a kill streak that replaces the nuke. Since I don't know how Treyarch is deciding to incorporate kill streaks into Black Ops, I don't really have an idea for the amount of kills it would require. If it is the same as Modern Warfare 2, then it would be at a 25 kill streak. So the Game Finisher would be pretty much what it is called. It would finish the match you are in much like the nuke when someone acquires it. However, this kill streak would be different in every map. It would not be just a nuke, but an event that wipes out the enemy team differently according to the map the players are on. For example, in a map that is in Vietnam in the jungle within a swamp or something like that, for the game finisher, Kamikaze soldiers controller by the computer would come and wipe out the enemy team. In a snow map in the mountains, a bomb could be exploded killing the enemy under an avalanche, after your team hides. In a map on the beach possibly, a tsunami could come and wipe out the enemy, again after your team dies. This idea could go on as long as anyone's imagination. The nuke could even me in there for one of the maps.

So to wrap up, I would like to thank you for reading my original idea (I know it was an essay Smiley Tongue). Feel free to let me know what you guys think about it and any ideas you guys have to add to it or improve it. Thank you!
Blagork
8 REPLIES 8
I remember reading somewhere that there most likely will not be a game ending killstreak...
Captain_Jack_Au
A game ending kill streak is just stupid. So I hope that they do not have one.

However, in the hellish instance that they do have one I think that on objective based games if you call in a nuke and you are losing you still lose it simply ends the game. I think this would motivate those who are nuke hunting to still get out and play the game, help reduce camping and all that.

I vote NO for game ending kill streaks though.
optyk

OPTYK wrote:

A game ending kill streak is just stupid. So I hope that they do not have one.

However, in the hellish instance that they do have one I think that on objective based games if you call in a nuke and you are losing you still lose it simply ends the game. I think this would motivate those who are nuke hunting to still get out and play the game, help reduce camping and all that.

I vote NO for game ending kill streaks though.

This, i vote no also.
Mark_666SKFL
A "Game Ending Killstreak" is the worst idea ever, even worse than perks. Especially since they even worked in Objective games, which completely makes playing them irreverent.
Absolution
I don't want to see anymore "game-ending" killstreaks and I'm personally glad that Treyarch comfirmed that they will not add anything like it.

The only time I want to see a nuke is in an objective game that involves capturing Intel to launch it. Perhaps like a game of Headquarters, except different. Like the concept of Invasion (1 CTF) in Halo: Reach. Capture the Intel, carry it back to your base, and load it up while defending it. Of course, the nuke would only be cinematic.
LabtechJTV
game ending killstreak is lame and Treyarch has already said they agree it's lame and won't be in blk ops.
525ryder
No, no, no. The game-ending killstreak was one of my least favorite things about MW2.
apmacleod
Having a game ending killstreak that is based off of kills is just dumb, think about it, especially in the objective based games, it doesnt even make sense to have this feature, it just rewards people who run up KS in Dom or Sabotage etc.
I_Love_Wigs

Studios