Black Ops forum

Kenman_2 wrote:

That doesn't sound realistic. Sorry.

A game's goal is not to be realistic its to have fun. If the call of duty was realistic 9/10th of the people would definitely wont play it. Youll be cleaning the barrel and weapon breach more than actually fighting in combat due to the weapon jamming on you. Youll need to conduct calculations on how far away your target is, gravity, weather conditions, etc. Your character would suffer fatigue, most of the players characters would be fatigued, die of diseases, in most call of duty games its more likely your player would suffer amputations if you want it to be "realistic". Your character wont be recovering from injuries such as jumping from a 3 story building. Be thankful that you actually have a game to play with. I bet many of you guys would rather play a game than formulate Vf=Vi+at, v=d/t, Ax=Acos@ (@ is theta in this case), Ay=Cos@, etc etc. Thats what many of the US marksmans, snipers, and other combatants out there need to do and many more complex calculations to solve something simple such as the wind drift, bullet spin, velocity, etc. I apologize if it doesnt sound "realistic" but has it come to your mind that cod or Bad Company 2 isnt realistic

AnOnYmOUs324

Anonymous24 wrote:

Kenman_2 wrote:

That doesn't sound realistic. Sorry.

A game's goal is not to be realistic its to have fun. If the call of duty was realistic 9/10th of the people would definitely wont play it. Youll be cleaning the barrel and weapon breach more than actually fighting in combat due to the weapon jamming on you. Youll need to conduct calculations on how far away your target is, gravity, weather conditions, etc. Your character would suffer fatigue, most of the players characters would be fatigued, die of diseases, in most call of duty games its more likely your player would suffer amputations if you want it to be "realistic". Your character wont be recovering from injuries such as jumping from a 3 story building. Be thankful that you actually have a game to play with. I bet many of you guys would rather play a game than formulate Vf=Vi+at, v=d/t, Ax=Acos@ (@ is theta in this case), Ay=Cos@, etc etc. Thats what many of the US marksmans, snipers, and other combatants out there need to do and many more complex calculations to solve something simple such as the wind drift, bullet spin, velocity, etc. I apologize if it doesnt sound "realistic" but has it come to your mind that cod or Bad Company 2 isnt realistic.

In BC2, bullets have to travel.

Realism!
Da_Guy
i would like to see war come back snd HQ and some new game modes and bring zombies to the wii
dowtatno

Da Guy wrote:

Whatever they do, do NOT have just TDM and FFA. That made WaW boring as hell.

lol
radioactive_ele

radioactive_element wrote:

Da Guy wrote:

Whatever they do, do NOT have just TDM and FFA. That made WaW boring as hell.

lol

Seriously. TDM is now my most hated game mode.
Da_Guy
necroed.

Elite King
The whole virus concept is in a zombie mode in a game called Combat Arms, for the PC. Pretty much exactly what you described. It would be fun, but I think people would rather have the zombie mode that will be shipped than a virus style mode. I want a classic assault style gameplay, with a set number of lives for each team, one defending a building with maybe a briefcase inside, the other trying to get in, kind of the way they had it in some of the old Wolfenstien online games.
Krondorian

Studios