Give me ONE REASON the Famas isn't a noob gun

Black Ops forum

Give me one good, sensible, legit reason the Famas isn't an overpowered easy mode abomination.

I'll start with why IT IS a noob gun:

Ric0ckulously high RoF with not enough recoil/not low enough clip size to compensate (balance). I'm pretty sure it shoots faster than an AK74u with Rapid Fire, although it seems like it actually kills even faster than that. And of course it's an Assault Rifle so it already has more range than the AK74u, and even at long ranges it's easy to burst fire. I love the new maps, but playing against so many people who use the Famas just annoys the piss outta me and my friends. There's ALWAYS 2 or 3 people on the other team using it.

Your turn.
ObamaDoesStuff
48 REPLIES 48
What gun do you use primarily?
xSMOKEx_20
Answer: I use it sometimes. I have way too many hours played in COD in general to be labeled a "noob".
Cable991
its the only gun worth using untill i unlock the ak-47 the rest arnt worth bothering with
dfhfh

ObamaDoesStuff wrote:

Give me one good, sensible, legit reason the Famas isn't an overpowered easy mode abomination.

I'll start with why IT IS a noob gun:

Ric0ckulously high RoF with not enough recoil/not low enough clip size to compensate (balance). I'm pretty sure it shoots faster than an AK74u with Rapid Fire, although it seems like it actually kills even faster than that. And of course it's an Assault Rifle so it already has more range than the AK74u, and even at long ranges it's easy to burst fire. I love the new maps, but playing against so many people who use the Famas just annoys the piss outta me and my friends. There's ALWAYS 2 or 3 people on the other team using it.

Your turn.

ahh its one of the weaker assault rifle with too much recoil imo lol..I avoid it like the plague
lvent
It's not a noob gun because I use occasionally, and i'm not a noob. I've even used it with a pro pipe, it's a decent gun. But the Galil is better, as is the Commando, and the G11, and the AK47, and the AUG. And the Stoner, and the M60, and the FAL, and the .............. i'm bored now but you get the point.

ps. it has high recoil, but the recoil is predictable so it's easier to control compared to other guns
angrymeerkat

Angry Meerkat wrote:

It's not a noob gun because I use occasionally, and i'm not a noob. I've even used it with a pro pipe, it's a decent gun. But the Galil is better, as is the Commando, and the G11, and the AK47, and the AUG. And the Stoner, and the M60, and the FAL, and the .............. i'm bored now but you get the point.

ps. it has high recoil, but the recoil is predictable so it's easier to control compared to other guns

Fully agree. I carry it to use in situations where most people carry smgs. That's all it's worth to me, a spray quick/close range gun.
Cable991
I don't seem to do good with this gun. Seems I never do good with any gun that people claim is overpowered.
ish0otud1e
It's not a noob gun because

The Galil, Famas, Aug, AK 47, Commando, and G-11 have all been called overpowered.

If all of these are overpowered as people say then none of them can be a noob gun

Also are you saying that the clips size should be smaller? The clip size of the Famas should be less than every other AR? Also doesn't the Famas have the same ROF as the AUG?
pmpinaintez11
Famas, noob gun? Generally yes, new players like it a lot. However that doesn't mean the gun is good or bad.

Overpowered, no.

Recoil characteristics are annoying and I do not like their tendencies, much prefer m14 and ak47. There are plenty of ways to out gun a Famas player, it is just an easy gun for most players to use. easy=popular not better.

If there is any imbalance to this gun it is that the mag size is a little big.

CV5_Yorktown

Studios