Has OT jumped teh shark?

Black Ops forum

CharlieORLY? wrote:

Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe the moment of downturn for a previously successful enterprise. The phrase was originally used to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot spins off into absurd story lines or unlikely characterizations. These changes were often the result of efforts to revive interest in a show whose viewership has begun to decline, usually through the employment of different actors, writers or producers.

I postulate that this forum has ‘jumped the shark’

The phrase jump the shark refers to the climactic scene in "Hollywood", a three-part episode opening the fifth season of the American TV series Happy Days in September 1977. In this story, the series' central characters visit Los Angeles, where Fonzie (Henry Winkler), wearing swim trunks and his trademark leather jacket, jumps over a confined shark on water skis, answering a challenge to demonstrate his bravery. The series continued for nearly seven years after that, with a number of changes in cast and situations.

That instant that you know from now on...it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it 'Jumping the Shark.' From that moment on, the forum will simply never be the same."

So when did OT ‘jump the shark’?

My thoughts…

1. When MW2 came out… even Gras could not carry the load

2. When moderating the threads had no logic (scratch that it has been since day one

Or

3. (IMO the winner)

When Fishbaits’ thread Dome- why no tanks? thread was locked. That thread to me, signaled the end. Yes it was spam, but it was a hell of a lot of fun for all. And we even answered the question, “How could tanks get to the top?” Helicopters, duh. That thread was also responsible for the patented Tank swivel beer holder idea.

So we have jumped the shark? Probably. Ok OT can we get back to our former glory?

We need to have these questions answered-Will we ever get a link to Krawl boobie pics?

Is Jinx really a cop?

Did Void and Snake really have a weekend in Paris?

Is DE72 really a fan of naked Gladiators and gay clown?

Does Evil or Evil own a cat?

Nope its impossible
ivirtran1

ivirtran wrote:

Nope its impossible

Cryptic. Boost much?

Nope its impossible

Is Jinx really a cop?

Nope its impossible

Nope its impossible

Nope its impossible

Nope its impossible
SoylentBob

SoylentBob wrote:

ivirtran wrote:

Nope its impossible

Cryptic. Boost much?

Nope its impossible

Is Jinx really a cop?

Nope its impossible

Nope its impossible

Nope its impossible

Nope its impossible

50 - 50 % on all questions, eh?
ficko88

SoylentBob wrote:

ivirtran wrote:

Nope its impossible

Cryptic. Boost much?

What? Ivirtran boosts his post count? That's unpossible. Next you will try to tell us that the earth isn't flat. (Probably even make a thread about it.)
IntoTheVoid

IntoTheVoid wrote:

SoylentBob wrote:

ivirtran wrote:

Nope its impossible

Cryptic. Boost much?

What? Ivirtran boosts his post count? That's unpossible. Next you will try to tell us that the earth isn't flat. (Probably even make a thread about it.)

I'll get right on that...later.
Deleted User
Highlighted
I think this thread has jumped the shark.
IntoTheVoid

Studios