Has OT jumped teh shark?

Black Ops forum

Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe the moment of downturn for a previously successful enterprise. The phrase was originally used to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot spins off into absurd story lines or unlikely characterizations. These changes were often the result of efforts to revive interest in a show whose viewership has begun to decline, usually through the employment of different actors, writers or producers.

I postulate that this forum has ‘jumped the shark’

The phrase jump the shark refers to the climactic scene in "Hollywood", a three-part episode opening the fifth season of the American TV series Happy Days in September 1977. In this story, the series' central characters visit Los Angeles, where Fonzie (Henry Winkler), wearing swim trunks and his trademark leather jacket, jumps over a confined shark on water skis, answering a challenge to demonstrate his bravery. The series continued for nearly seven years after that, with a number of changes in cast and situations.

That instant that you know from now on...it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it 'Jumping the Shark.' From that moment on, the forum will simply never be the same."

So when did OT ‘jump the shark’?

My thoughts…

1. When MW2 came out… even Gras could not carry the load

2. When moderating the threads had no logic (scratch that it has been since day one

Or

3. (IMO the winner)

When Fishbaits’ thread Dome- why no tanks? thread was locked. That thread to me, signaled the end. Yes it was spam, but it was a hell of a lot of fun for all. And we even answered the question, “How could tanks get to the top?” Helicopters, duh. That thread was also responsible for the patented Tank swivel beer holder idea.

So we have jumped the shark? Probably. Ok OT can we get back to our former glory?

We need to have these questions answered-Will we ever get a link to Krawl boobie pics?

Is Jinx really a cop?

Did Void and Snake really have a weekend in Paris?

Is DE72 really a fan of naked Gladiators and gay clown?

Does Evil or Evil own a cat?
CharlieORLY_
35 REPLIES 35

CharlieORLY? wrote:

My thoughts…

4. When Ragius' thread got deleted. That was the begining of a long and painful end. Yes, this forum was on the decline before it even opened up.

So we have jumped the shark? Probably. Ok OT can we get back to our former glory?

We need to have these questions answered-Will we ever get a link to Krawl boobie pics? Considering that she doesn't exist, I would say "no".

Is Jinx really a cop? No. There are times when he is busy at work and get get on. Busy = Not a cop.

Did Void and Snake really have a weekend in Paris? No, and any pictures you may see are Photoshopped.

Is DE72 really a fan of naked Gladiators and gay clown? Close, it is Naked Gay Gladiator Clowns.

Does Evil or Evil own a cat? Evil does not own a cat, but Evil does.

IntoTheVoid
Did Void and Snake really have a weekend in Paris? No, and any pictures you may see are Photoshopped.

I got ripped off on eBay then.
FishBait
The photo's may have been photoshopped, but the video's don't lie.
reaper2792

reaper2792 wrote:

Video? Void kept telling the red light meant it was a smoke detector....
Snakedoctor57

reaper2792 wrote:

Yes they do. They used a stand in. (Jack Black, I think).
IntoTheVoid
IMHO

11x09x10 CALL OF DUTY® BLACK OPS™

at the start page means we've taken in cousin Oliver.

6 months? And callofduty.com can't play nice with the company that gave us Call of Duty?

It's bad enough the people that gave us CoD, CoD2, CoD4:MW and MW2 (compared to CoD3, CoD:WW, and a port of MW to Wii) don't get to play here, but they have to start advertising at the same time as MW2 releases its map pack. That's dirty cricket.
SoylentBob
Can I join this thread? I want to post in an awesome thread like this with awesome peole like you!

:cool:

ficko88

ficko88 wrote:

Can I join this thread? I want to post in an awesome thread like this with awesome peole like you!

Dude, what the hell did you just call me??? It seems as if you are calling me a MEATUS URINARIUS, but you spelled it wrong.
IntoTheVoid

ficko88 wrote:

Now your just being a smart*ss. I should watch what i say, you've got a facebook badge Smiley Surprised
reaper2792

Studios