How do I complain to Treyarch/fix what happened?

Black Ops forum

Highlighted
I swear down that there is absolutely nothing sinister going on- I do not cheat in absolutely any way whatsoever- so why has my rank suddenly gone from 2 prestige rank 33 to 0 prestige rank 1!?! I don't understand. Is there any way I can fix this and/or complain to Treyarch? I'm a schizophrenic and am insanely upset and outraged right now.
ItsBlates__eB_
20 REPLIES 20
Oh, and I still have the emblem I made before what happened.
ItsBlates__eB_
Rank issues are somewhat common. You weren't reset on purpose.

Follow exactly. Rank up enough so you have perks.

pcdev wrote:

(1) change one perk in each of your classes. (do not set classes to Default).

(2) exit the game.

(3) wait 30 minutes.

(4) start the game and check your rank.

-pcdev-

twitter.com/pcdev

kawz
verifying your game through steam may also bring your rank back.
HooRaHkillsyou
What do you mean by "verify it through Steam"? I have a Steam account and play Black Ops via Steam, so what do you mean? Also, how do I complain to Treyarch because I either want my rank or money back because this is not fair, especially on a schizophrenic with intense temper problems. I mean, I cried when I saw my rank was 1- this isn't fair!
ItsBlates__eB_
Please keep your local suicide hotline number at hand...

You will need it after you've read the backside (smallprint) of the gamebox..
o0oSixo0o

ItsBlates ~eB~ wrote:

I swear down that there is absolutely nothing sinister going on- I do not cheat in absolutely any way whatsoever- so why has my rank suddenly gone from 2 prestige rank 33 to 0 prestige rank 1!?! I don't understand. Is there any way I can fix this and/or complain to Treyarch? I'm a schizophrenic and am insanely upset and outraged right now.

Well if you are schizophrenic, how do you know that I am not trying to take over your mind right now? (or maybe you just like big words)
dbd_lobo

ItsBlates ~eB~ wrote:

What do you mean by "verify it through Steam"? I have a Steam account and play Black Ops via Steam, so what do you mean? Also, how do I complain to Treyarch because I either want my rank or money back because this is not fair, especially on a schizophrenic with intense temper problems. I mean, I cried when I saw my rank was 1- this isn't fair!

read what Kawz wrote if not then follow this its the same Smiley Tongue you are not the first person this has happened to and i am certain you will not be the last either.

pcdev wrote:

(1) change one perk in each of your classes. (do not set classes to Default).

(2) exit the game.

(3) wait 30 minutes.

(4) start the game and check your rank.

-pcdev-

twitter.com/pcdev

as for verifying files on steam all you do is start steam click on Blops and then right click and select properties.

then select the local files tab and look down the list to verify integrity of game cache and it will make sure all the files are correct.
chewylouie

ItsBlates ~eB~ wrote:

I'm a schizophrenic and am insanely upset and outraged right now.

Then you shouldn't be playing video games. You should be seeking professional help. If you have anger issues I wouldn't recommend PC gaming in general. It's for the big boys. May I suggest Xbox 360. BTW, the game runs better on the Xbox.
BigOne1331

BigOne1331 wrote:

ItsBlates ~eB~ wrote:

I'm a schizophrenic and am insanely upset and outraged right now.

Then you shouldn't be playing video games. You should be seeking professional help. If you have anger issues I wouldn't recommend PC gaming in general. It's for the big boys. May I suggest Xbox 360. BTW, the game runs better on the Xbox.

ahem, pc gamers generally have their heads stuck firmly up their arseholes!
SmallFace

Studios