How not to screw up black ops

Black Ops forum

While I do agree with most of what you said, it sounds like you're trying to get rid of half the useful perks. Stopping Power is a staple of the series, and it's not really gamechanging in my experience. Also, Last Stand is not a bad perk (I think that's what you were trying to say, please correct me if I'm wrong). It's fun and useful to use.
TalixZero
fuck last stand, commando, and heart beat censors.
BlueOps1
Please keep this epicly awesome post bumped and hopefully Treyarch will end up reading it.

If Black Ops keeps Last Stand I swear to Christ, im gonna scream.
ZakAtak
Definitely well thought out... But commando? Please, no commando, lightweight marathon combo... Please... If they insist on putting light weight and marathon, put it in the same perk number.
jokethis21

TalixZero wrote:

While I do agree with most of what you said, it sounds like you're trying to get rid of half the useful perks. Stopping Power is a staple of the series, and it's not really gamechanging in my experience. Also, Last Stand is not a bad perk (I think that's what you were trying to say, please correct me if I'm wrong). It's fun and useful to use.

I'm sure Treyarch will unveil a lot of other perks that are new the Call of Duty series. I doubt I'm trying to get rid of half the useful perks.

The biggest reason I don't want stopping power/juggernaut in the game is because it makes the game bland, and serves more or less as a method of skill equalizing. Sure, its not game breaking. And I wouldn't go and complain if Stopping power and Juggernaut did return, but I feel that for the longevity of the game, and the overall balance, stopping power/juggernaut shouldn't exist in the first place.

Stopping power becomes the quintessential perk of snipers. A sniper is limited frequently without the use of Stopping power. Furthermore, Juggernaut can make sniper rifles useless. Not only that, but the two perks were and are just excessively used. Take not of how many people use stopping power/juggernaut in MW2, COD4, and W@W. A good 3/4s, probably even 4/5s of the people will be using one of the perks. I'd much rather have diversity in the players I play.

Also, without SP, players will be forced to become more accurate, and the game will reward accuracy to a much greater effect, while simultaneously making the game more fast paced (since the deaths aren't entirely instant).

The only perk that would become overused no doubt is cold blooded, which I would much rather have be overused, since it would make air support much less effective, which IMO, is a good thing.

Last Stand I just find annoying. It promotes kill stealing, and makes fighting multiple opponents much more difficult than it should be in the first place. Perhaps if proper point distribution for who drops who into last stand was taken into effect, I wouldn't mind the perk as much. Even then though, its extremely aggravating, and can throw off a good players rhythm.
Sane_Hedrone
What about second chance? That is the perk that actually required teamwork. IF you had team work you could dominate just by healing each other up.
leadkills

ZakAtak wrote:

Please keep this epicly awesome post bumped and hopefully Treyarch will end up reading it.

If Black Ops keeps Last Stand I swear to Christ, im gonna scream.

They already have.

Vahn wrote:

That post was so epic, I had to copy/paste it into Word, print it, and read it at lunch today.

Vahn

Sane_Hedrone
holy crap how long did it take to read that? you might as well have published a book.
o_Head_x_ShotZz
Great post. I would just add more to cutomization. New camos, if they will even put camos in this game (please do) and make the camos cover the whole gun, like in CoD4..

Also, customizable armors, maybe different armors for each faction?
m16xil3gacy
This was the best post on any website I have ever seen in my entire life. You put everything I wanted to be in CoD:BO all in one post. You are a genius. How long did it take you to right this? Jeez, you must be a hardcore gamer. I wouldn't mind playing with you once in a while. Again, best post ever in the history of forever.
Rorek1

Studios