How not to screw up black ops

Black Ops forum

i do not agree about the cutomizable killstreaks. Okay maybe i agree that they shouldnt contribute to eachother, but epic things like the ACJ47 and Napalm and agent orange shouldnt be left out
guynumber7
I completely agree man.
Ik0n19x
I read all your points, and mostly agree on everything.

I agree with the predator missiles, doesn't matter how good you are at the game, you cannot evade them (unless going under cover)

I loved the idea, where you can save killcams, that would be awesome!

Like the copycat deathstreak where you have to click 'Triangle' to copy the enemies guns/perks, you can just click triangle or whatever they choose to save your killcam.

aaronDEE
Post of the month, you have so many good points in this thread. I agree'd with almost everything in it, there is some small points that could have been included, but I can add what I felt you missed out.

The only thing I think you missed, might just be that you didn't think about is the LW/Mara combo and one ONE MAN ARMY perk.

LW/Marathon: One of the most used perk combinations out there with tactical knife or/and commando. Why take this out. In first place, this combo doesn't make this game a shooting game anymore. People just run around and stab people, since its more efficiant and easier way to get a kill. Add with the unrealistic speed of LW/MARA also add, with slight lag - you can't take out those people. Solutions for this problem is removing commando like you said, but also take away tac knife - while you make marathon a solo perk again, don't combine both.

One Man Army: Do I really need to explain this one, in first place - everyone that uses it have indefinte with ammo and cleys. Way to cover up the loss of ammo, is making some weapons share ammo with other weapons again. But don't add perks like OMA and Scavanger, then balance is gone by then.

Second one that is taken up in weapon balance is sec. weapons and what to put there. As long as a weapon have one-two triggers, its a main weapon. Since its already same damage or more damager than the main guns out there. Remove machine pistols and burst pistols. Stick to single pistols.

So what can you do to make this go up in up? You can add more normal weapons in primary. I'm very sure most people would be happy to have a influx of primary weapons they can use. I for one miss having loads of weapons in primary, while I have become more and more fan of customized camo. Seeing how BC2 got a good leveling system there, the class you use is the class that gets leveled up. You use say ak47, and that way you unlock assault rifles with it. Instead of having rank 30 gives you x weapon, maybe combine those two for more reward of how you play.
Aiyan

Barebones

I feel this needs to be implemented into this game. I can't stress this enough. MW2 would be a very enjoyable game if this playlist had been implemented, and given my stance on that game, that it saying quite a bit. There either needs to be specific barebones playlists, or a barebones options for playlists like what I mentioned just above this section.

For those who don't know, barebones is a playlist where everything accept the gun, and equipment is stripped of the player, so its just you and your gun left to get kills.

Awesome post Sane! 5 star rated. Totally agree with everything you posted and especially about Barebones. I know lot of gamers that want it. Barebones would be a perfect place to go to when perks or killstreaks are getting on your nerves. If IW had Barebones in MW2 there would have been a place to play to avoid the infinite carepackage/EAD glitch when that was going on.

Thanks Sane.
bequietkids
great post
Dumpweed86
Kudos to you OP, one of the best/well constructed posts I've seen here.
jovan12
With all due respect I know Treyarch knows what makes a successful COD title... they've done it with WaW.
kaizersosa

kaizersosa wrote:

With all due respect I know Treyarch knows what makes a successful COD title... they've done it with WaW.

Well Vahn liked reading his post. Called it so epic.

That post was so epic, I had to copy/paste it into Word, print it, and read it at lunch today.

Vahn

bequietkids

Aiyan wrote:

One Man Army: Do I really need to explain this one, in first place - everyone that uses it have indefinte with ammo and cleys. Way to cover up the loss of ammo, is making some weapons share ammo with other weapons again. But don't add perks like OMA and Scavanger, then balance is gone by then.

Honestly, one Man Army is the only perk that you mentioned that I have a problem with.

If Treyarch does what they really need to, and remove secondary weapons and replace them with handguns, then OMA would be become extremely overpowered.

Marathon and lightweight I personally never had a problem with. In fact, they made aggressive play very possible, which in my Book is a good thing.

The reason I didn't mention One Man Army in my post is because I didn't feel it was necessary. I didn't get on my nerves that much, (unlike commando) and its only appeared in one game.
Sane_Hedrone

Studios