How to pronounce the german words

Black Ops forum

Highlighted
It frustrates me so much to find people saying the names of the maps\weapons completely wrong. I remember one person calling kino der toten Kai-no d-er tote-in! So i thought i'd make this thread to help educate some players (i've been studying german for 7 years now).

Wunder Waffe Die Glocke 2 - V-oon der Vaf-fe De Glock-e z-vei (Wunder Waffe DG-Zwei translates to Wonder Weapon The Bell 2)

Kino der toten - Key-no der toat-en (translates to Cinema of the dead. Among popular belief, it is actually Cinema, not Theatre (perhaps treyarchs fault on not researching into german language). Theatre = Theatre in german (pronounce tea-art-e. Also used when talking about the subject drama).

Zombie Verrückt - Ver-lookt (R and L are pronounced at the same time, the R and the L will make the ou sound, which ofcourse makes the ü (u with an umlout) sound) (Translates to Zombie crazy, or in this context, Zombie Madness)

Nacht der untoten - N-ach-t der oon-tat-en (translates to Night of the undead)

Der Riese - der R-ease-er (Translates to The Giant, can be often mistaken with Der Reise (pronounced der R-eye-ser, which translates to The Journey)

Gewehr - ga-vey-yer (Translates to Rifle)

Wunderbar - V-oon-der-bar (Translates to Wonderful, a common quote from Rictofen)

So i hope this clears things up, as i find it really annoying that people call the Wunder Waffe the wonder waffle, out of lack of knowledge (not because they nick named it that, because my friends nick name it the Dogs Gun, whilst the FG is the Family gun and the MG is My gun)
Ultama1
13 REPLIES 13
Potato Potatoe
MGV_HAVOK

MGV_HAVOK wrote:

Potato Potatoe

Wonder waffle and wunder waffe are two completely different things. One is a magnificant food, the other is german for a Hi-tech weapon. If i were to be ignorant and only listen to german, i would think that the person saying it was mentally incapable of saying 2 simple words. The fact that Rictofen even calls it the correct name makes it even worse. then again, Dempsey calls it the wonder waffle, and everyone loves to copy the quotes of the characters ;( Meh, people are still interested in how to say these things, and it will prevent them from making horrible mistakes like the one i mentioned previously.
Ultama1

Ultama wrote:

Wunder Waffe Die Glocke 2 - Wun-der Waff-uh Dee-Gee Too

Kino der toten - Key-no der toat-en

Zombie Verrückt - Ver-ruckt

Nacht der untoten - Nacht der un-toot-en

Der Riese - Der Reese

Gewehr - Gew-er

Wunderbar- Wun-duh-bah

So, sue me.
kratos-2144
since when is there an "L" in Verruckt?

and you don't make an "R" sound at the end of Der Riese. there is no R so why would there be an R sound.
turdfurgburg

kratos-2144 wrote:

Ultama wrote:

Wunder Waffe Die Glocke 2 - Wun-der Waff-uh Dee-Gee Too

Kino der toten - Key-no der toat-en

Zombie Verrückt - Ver-ruckt

Nacht der untoten - Nacht der un-toot-en

Der Riese - Der Reese[/b

Gewehr - Gew-er

Wunderbar- Wun-duh-bah

So, sue me.

This is to educate users, not to allow arrogant users to try to act smart.
Ultama1
When do you get to the part where it is a video game and not Rosetta Stone?
MGV_HAVOK

kratos-2144 wrote:

Ultama wrote:

Wunder Waffe Die Glocke 2 - Wun-der Waff-uh Deh-Ghey Ts-vy (Zwei)

Kino der toten - Key-no der toat-in

Zombie Verrückt - Fair-rookt

Nacht der untoten - Nacht der oon-tow-tin

Der Riese - Der Reese-eh

Gewehr - Ghey-vair

Wunderbar- Wun-duh-bah

So, sue me.

fixed most of it for you.obviously the german alphabet isn't the same as the english alphabet (referring to the DG-2). well actually not so obvious i guess.
turdfurgburg
Do you even know the German language? I studied it for three years, and I can tell you one thing; You f*cked up.

Wunderwaffe- Vuhn-dare-vahf-fuh

Nacht der Untoten- Nacht Dare Uhn-toe-tin

Verrückt- Fare-rookt

Der Riese- Dare Reez-uh

Kino der Toten- Key-no Dare Toe-tin

Gewehr- Guh-vare or Gehy-vare
pwnage19
Kuss mein Arschloch.
turdfurgburg

Studios