Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

BreakSilence wrote:

Could you imagine.. Bayonet+Commando? Thats enough to make a grown man cry..

I kind of feel sorry for the dead man crying
GhostSquad
Interesting idea, im sure they wont change how the normal knife works but it does give us some food for thought.
jefelee

BreakSilence wrote:

I just cried...
pwnage19
Knives as secondary weapons would be nice and help against the folks running around knifing only. I don't think there's anything wrong with knifing only, it is kind of fun. As long as there's no perk/perks, attachments that people can abuse.
Sick_Freak

jefelee wrote:

Interesting idea, im sure they wont change how the normal knife works but it does give us some food for thought.

There are rumors that they want it to be a secondary.
dballa0880
The thing about knifing as a secondary is that we'll yet again see people running around and trying to kill people with just a knife since naturally you should move faster with a knife in hand. Even if lightweight, marathon and commando aren't in the game, this could become a problem, especially if they go with IW's new knifing system which never seems to fail. I personally would like to see it, but only if the problems above are considered.
bigman02

bigman02 wrote:

The thing about knifing as a secondary is that we'll yet again see people running around and trying to kill people with just a knife since naturally you should move faster with a knife in hand. Even if lightweight, marathon and commando aren't in the game, this could become a problem, especially if they go with IW's new knifing system which never seems to fail. I personally would like to see it, but only if the problems above are considered.

I'm okay with some idiot running around with his knife out if he has to switch to his gun, there is no way he can win, (unless as you said he can't lunge through bullets from 10 feet and knife) he is screwed.
dballa0880
Highlighted

bigman02 wrote:

They will probably rework the knife system...hopefully they will be using a new engine.
Flavafiske46
Ya, they better use a newer engine than the last game, it's probably outdated.
dballa0880

GhostSquad wrote:

BreakSilence wrote:

I kind of feel sorry for the dead man crying

lol.
Flavafiske46

Studios