Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

Would anyone be open to the knife becoming a secondary weapon, because I am personally sick of people coming around corners knifing at me, I think if it was a secondary it would be more balanced, because as it is the one slash kill to the toe is ridiculous. Another possible solution would be, to not allow the player to pull out the knife while being shot, which would also create balance. Along with this, I think they should eliminate the bug that shows the soldiers body from outside of a building if they are pressed up against the side because if some appendage is sticking out from a wall it can be knifed and you will die, though it's a funny kill cam.

*VIDEO OF BLACK OPS KNIFE*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39SE8MDTVdE[/code:13xhidn7]

Thanks to devilshaircut89 for the video! . Please send in your videos of the ridiculous knifing and I'll add the link.

EDIT I created a poll so we could see what everyone thinks, if there are any questions I should add let me know. thanks

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/486017

Looks like about 3/4 of the voters would welcome a change in the knifing system.

Updated, almost 80% of you have said a change in the knifing system would benefit CoD, and it is pretty even on making the knife a secondary with 55.5% in favor of it. Here is a link to the results.

[code:13xhidn7]http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/486017/results

*Edit* So with the release of Black Ops, I was expecting a change in the knifing system, well it changed it seems that it has gotten even worse than MW2, I'm so sick and tired of kids knifing me when I am shooting them in the chest and they lunge right through it, and tbh most of the times I'm knifed I watch the kill cam...THEY DON'T EVEN HIT ME! What is that about, they need to at least make the knife take time to hit AND if someone is being shot the knife should be disabled. Do you think BO needs a change in it's knifing system? I do.
dballa0880
491 REPLIES 491
in reply to dballa0880
They won't do that, but it would be a sweet idea. If I even get a whiff of anything that will enhance knifing I will petition!
GhostSquad
in reply to dballa0880

dballa0880 wrote:

Would anyone be open to the knife becoming a secondary weapon, because I am personally sick of people coming around corners knifing at me, I think if it was a secondary it would be more balanced, because as it is the one slash kill to the toe is ridiculous.

1) Why are you camped out in a corner

2) They would then need to bring back rifle melee
jwalk
in reply to dballa0880
i agree, i hate it when people have the courtesy of walking up to my face and knifing me after surviving my bullets due to lag. so i guess they should just fix one or the other.
Sergeantxrez423
in reply to dballa0880
why am I camped in a corner, it's if two people are walking in/out of a doorway and instead of shooting you get knifed, I don't camp in the corner, you clearly don't understand the post, also it is stupid that while shooting at someone they can take two bullets in teh chest and come slash you at any place in the body and kill you...you can wall people with a knife it's stupid.
dballa0880
in reply to dballa0880
knifes should be 2 hits kills and 1 hit kills in the back, or make them able to miss targets, like a 25% or less chance
arthas125
in reply to dballa0880
I definetly think the standard knife needs a nerf. Even without commando, the lung is pretty ridiculous.

I personally think the lung should be removed completely, to make the knife only usable at extreme close range, and therefore being a last resort, like it should be, rather than a weapon of its own.

The knife should never trump the gun.
Sane_Hedrone
in reply to dballa0880
yea, they should have the chance to miss, or while you are being shot you shouldn't be able to pull the knife out, also it should only be a one shot kill from behind and you would either have to slit the enemies throat with some type of assassination sequence.
dballa0880
in reply to dballa0880

GhostSquad wrote:

They won't do that, but it would be a sweet idea. If I even get a whiff of anything that will enhance knifing I will petition!

It it has too much range it will still be annoying. Just go back to the MW1, and WaW range. We know that that works. Just cause they changed it, doesn't mean they can't change it back.
coolguy5777
in reply to dballa0880

Sane Hedrone wrote:

I definetly think the standard knife needs a nerf. Even without commando, the lung is pretty ridiculous.

I personally think the lung should be removed completely, to make the knife only usable at extreme close range, and therefore being a last resort, like it should be, rather than a weapon of its own.

The knife should never trump the gun.

Kmife doesn't beat SMG or shotgun in close range, Knife doesn't beat AR/Sniper rifle in medium/long range. Quite balanced IMHO.
jwalk

Studios