Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

I don't think that it should be a sidearm. However it would be better if you had to draw the knife first like in games like Killzone 2.
Nino_Flaco

Nino Flaco wrote:

I don't think that it should be a sidearm. However it would be better if you had to draw the knife first like in games like Killzone 2.

yea...that would work out well so then you can either have it out or you can't just pull it out of (does anyone know where you pull the knife from in CoD4,WaW, MW2?) your *** lol.
dballa0880
I doubt anyone knows this secret location lol.
Flavafiske46
it's magic shh
dballa0880
Yes. Melee should be like in COD2 where you hit the guy with the butt of your gun with no auto aim. You only get the knifes auto aim with the secondary out.
iX_Cpt_Crunch_X

iX Cpt Crunch Xi wrote:

Yes. Melee should be like in COD2 where you hit the guy with the butt of your gun with no auto aim. You only get the knifes auto aim with the secondary out.

never played CoD2...
dballa0880
Could you imagine.. Bayonet+Commando? Thats enough to make a grown man cry..
BreakSilence

dballa0880 wrote:

Would anyone be open to the knife becoming a secondary weapon, because I am personally sick of people coming around corners knifing at me, I think if it was a secondary it would be more balanced, because as it is the one slash kill to the toe is ridiculous. Another possible solution would be, to not allow the player to pull out the knife while being shot, which would also create balance. Along with this, I think they should eliminate the bug that shows the soldiers body from outside of a building if they are pressed up against the side because if some appendage is sticking out from a wall it can be knifed and you will die, though it's a funny kill cam.

It should be equipment. You should get to chose from a field knife, throwing knife, claymore/betty, frag, sticky, or C4.
owiseguyo
I think they need to keep knifing the way it is, & dont make it an secondary. BUT instead of just pressing the button to knife, You first got to pull it out & press it again to stab somebody. Thats the best idea I got, so it wont get in your way of switching guns, & people getting cheap kills with it.
BreakSilence
they should add a machete
marcolio

Studios