Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

in reply to dballa0880

Sane Hedrone wrote:

 

I definetly think the standard knife needs a nerf. Even without commando, the lung is pretty ridiculous.



I personally think the lung should be removed completely, to make the knife only usable at extreme close range, and therefore being a last resort, like it should be, rather than a weapon of its own.



The knife should never trump the gun.





making it usable at extremely close range will make it utterly useless, it need a huge nerf, but not that much
arthas125
Likes: 2
Posts: 2332
Registered: ‎18-05-2010
in reply to dballa0880

arthas125 wrote:

 

knifes should be 2 hits kills and 1 hit kills in the back, or make them able to miss targets, like a 25% or less chance



Just like counter strike source





It was the perfect knife, unlike all other cod's.
WolfPack890
Likes: 1
Posts: 171
Registered: ‎08-07-2008
in reply to dballa0880

jwalk wrote:

 





Kmife doesn't beat SMG or shotgun in close range, Knife doesn't beat AR/Sniper rifle in medium/long range. Quite balanced IMHO.





In MW2 it does.



Certainly not all the time. But it has evolved into a weapon of its own. Much more so than in W@W and COD4. I have literally shot into a guy point blank with my shotgun, only to get a hitmarker with their knife already killing me.



The knife does trump the gun on many occasion.
Sane_Hedrone
Likes: 0
Posts: 1441
Registered: ‎18-05-2010
in reply to dballa0880

coolguy5777 wrote:

 

GhostSquad wrote:

 

They won't do that, but it would be a sweet idea. If I even get a whiff of anything that will enhance knifing I will petition!





It it has too much range it will still be annoying. Just go back to the MW1, and WaW range. We know that that works. Just cause they changed it, doesn't mean they can't change it back.



There were rumors they were considering making it a secondary, also they Treyarch said they didn't like the idea of commando (thank god), hopefully they didn't like marathon or lightweight either, or care package glitching, but it's a safe bet commando won't be coming back.
dballa0880
Likes: 3
Posts: 6187
Registered: ‎21-09-2011
in reply to dballa0880

arthas125 wrote:

 

knifes should be 2 hits kills and 1 hit kills in the back, or make them able to miss targets, like a 25% or less chance



Definaltey no. Knifing being a two hit kill would be ridiculous. The idea of the knife being like a weapon sounds like a great idea (like the knifing in bad company 1).
Hardline
Likes: 0
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎19-05-2010
this would be a great thing to add to CoD! :smile:
Flavafiske46
Likes: 0
Posts: 188
Registered: ‎12-02-2009
in reply to dballa0880

dballa0880 wrote:

 

coolguy5777 wrote:

 

GhostSquad wrote:

 

They won't do that, but it would be a sweet idea. If I even get a whiff of anything that will enhance knifing I will petition!





It it has too much range it will still be annoying. Just go back to the MW1, and WaW range. We know that that works. Just cause they changed it, doesn't mean they can't change it back.



There were rumors they were considering making it a secondary, also they Treyarch said they didn't like the idea of commando (thank god), hopefully they didn't like marathon or lightweight either, or care package glitching, but it's a safe bet commando won't be coming back.







Good because the 3 yard lunge pissed me off.
GhostSquad
Likes: 150
Posts: 8515
Registered: ‎24-05-2011
in reply to dballa0880

Sane Hedrone wrote:

 

jwalk wrote:

 





Kmife doesn't beat SMG or shotgun in close range, Knife doesn't beat AR/Sniper rifle in medium/long range. Quite balanced IMHO.





In MW2 it does.



Certainly not all the time. But it has evolved into a weapon of its own. Much more so than in W@W and COD4. I have literally shot into a guy point blank with my shotgun, only to get a hitmarker with their knife already killing me.



The knife does trump the gun on many occasion.





I use a shotgun on my sniper class(depending on level I use a different shotgun) and I have never ONCE shot someone with a shotgun and gotten knifed. You may have an issue with your ISP limiting your upload which is 'delaying' your bullets and causing you to 'lag'.
jwalk
Likes: 10
Posts: 727
Registered: ‎06-06-2011
in reply to dballa0880

jwalk wrote:

 

Sane Hedrone wrote:

 

jwalk wrote:

 





Kmife doesn't beat SMG or shotgun in close range, Knife doesn't beat AR/Sniper rifle in medium/long range. Quite balanced IMHO.





In MW2 it does.



Certainly not all the time. But it has evolved into a weapon of its own. Much more so than in W@W and COD4. I have literally shot into a guy point blank with my shotgun, only to get a hitmarker with their knife already killing me.



The knife does trump the gun on many occasion.





I use a shotgun on my sniper class(depending on level I use a different shotgun) and I have never ONCE shot someone with a shotgun and gotten knifed. You may have an issue with your ISP limiting your upload which is 'delaying' your bullets and causing you to 'lag'.





Well hopefully their will be no shotguns as sidearms...
dballa0880
Likes: 3
Posts: 6187
Registered: ‎21-09-2011
in reply to dballa0880

jwalk wrote:

 

dballa0880 wrote:

 

Would anyone be open to the knife becoming a secondary weapon, because I am personally sick of people coming around corners knifing at me, I think if it was a secondary it would be more balanced, because as it is the one slash kill to the toe is ridiculous.





1) Why are you camped out in a corner

2) They would then need to bring back rifle melee





Sometimes in S&D its a good a idea not to stand in the open, its also a good idea to cover the objectives. You aren't going to plant and leave, and you want to prevent the other team from planting.
coolguy5777
Likes: 0
Posts: 1038
Registered: ‎18-05-2010

Studios