Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

I wouldn't change the knife ability at all.
mcdevlin182
but it's not only in S&D, people just use their knife instead of their gun all the time, if they made you unable to melee while being shot it would balance better.
dballa0880
in reply to dballa0880
Kmife doesn't beat SMG or shotgun in close range, Knife doesn't beat AR/Sniper rifle in medium/long range. Quite balanced IMHO.[/quote]

In MW2 it does.

Certainly not all the time. But it has evolved into a weapon of its own. Much more so than in W@W and COD4. I have literally shot into a guy point blank with my shotgun, only to get a hitmarker with their knife already killing me.

The knife does trump the gun on many occasion.[/quote]

I use a shotgun on my sniper class(depending on level I use a different shotgun) and I have never ONCE shot someone with a shotgun and gotten knifed. You may have an issue with your ISP limiting your upload which is 'delaying' your bullets and causing you to 'lag'.[/quote]

Well hopefully their will be no shotguns as sidearms...[/quote]

Agreed, I hate when I use an SMG and I sidearm beats my primary in its strong suit.

To whoever said they never shot a guy with a shotgun, and got knifed,What is your playing time 30 seconds?
coolguy5777
With the removal of Commando, knifing will already be nerfed, but because we are playing a FPS, I think that the knife as a Secondary is brilliant.

Knife as Secondary v. Pistol as Secondary

Less Ammo More Ammo

Less Firepower More Firepower

1 Hit Melee Kills 2 Hit Melee Kills

Faster Melee Slower Melee

That's balance in my opinion. Go for it Treyarch, go for it.
pwnage19
If they do keep it the way it is, I hope I can knife while reloading or switching weapons.
GhostSquad
I would like the rifle butt melee to take the spot of the knife, and move the knife to a secondary weapon. Maybe, instead of rifle butt, you could use your fist. On second thought, I could see the word "donkey punch" become more common with COD players, not a great idea...
lace23
I like the idea of a Knife as a Secondary. It would certainly make people think more carefully about their loadout. I'd probably keep the knife on half my classes since I like the Stealth Approach, and I'm always getting in knifing range of people, but Pistols would be used for those maps where you can't really sneak around.
kastro187420

dballa0880 wrote:

but it's not only in S&D, people just use their knife instead of their gun all the time, if they made you unable to melee while being shot it would balance better.

they are noobs that can relly on their shitty aiming skills and go to kill ppl in the cheap and easy way
arthas125

Kastro187420 wrote:

I like the idea of a Knife as a Secondary. It would certainly make people think more carefully about their loadout. I'd probably keep the knife on half my classes since I like the Stealth Approach, and I'm always getting in knifing range of people, but Pistols would be used for those maps where you can't really sneak around.

By tenth prestige I might have one class for knifing (assuming we will get 10 classes by tenth prestige) but other wise I might have one knife class...I don't have a good layout for knifing it takes to long cause my melee is B
dballa0880
in reply to dballa0880

jwalk wrote:

Sane Hedrone wrote:

I definetly think the standard knife needs a nerf. Even without commando, the lung is pretty ridiculous.

I personally think the lung should be removed completely, to make the knife only usable at extreme close range, and therefore being a last resort, like it should be, rather than a weapon of its own.

The knife should never trump the gun.

Kmife doesn't beat SMG or shotgun in close range, Knife doesn't beat AR/Sniper rifle in medium/long range. Quite balanced IMHO.

It does when the enemy lunges through your bullets and basically becomes invincible.
dballa0880

Studios