Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

ya but you how many situatuions were you run out of ammo in you clip and have to knife. i think it should just stay how it has always been
BIGSxNPTACTIX19

dballa0880 wrote:

Would anyone be open to the knife becoming a secondary weapon, because I am personally sick of people coming around corners knifing at me, I think if it was a secondary it would be more balanced, because as it is the one slash kill to the toe is ridiculous. Another possible solution would be, to not allow the player to pull out the knife while being shot, which would also create balance. Along with this, I think they should eliminate the bug that shows the soldiers body from outside of a building if they are pressed up against the side because if some appendage is sticking out from a wall it can be knifed and you will die, though it's a funny kill cam.

I agree with what you said. Unless Treyarch nerfs the knife comepletely so the range will be about 1cm.

Last Resort only. =D
Obliviate96

BIGSxNPTACTIX19 wrote:

ya but you how many situatuions were you run out of ammo in you clip and have to knife. i think it should just stay how it has always been

Putting the Knife as a Secondary would make it so that if you DON'T take the knife, you have to be careful with ammo, and pick up guns as you need them. You'll have to actively participate in the match.
kastro187420

BIGSxNPTACTIX19 wrote:

you could just swap to your pistol and kill, easy, now, if your aiming suck, well then that might be a problem, that's why ppl relly on it so much, "bullets can't kill it? oh then my mighty knife will 1!1"
arthas125

Kastro187420 wrote:

BIGSxNPTACTIX19 wrote:

Putting the Knife as a Secondary would make it so that if you DON'T take the knife, you have to be careful with ammo, and pick up guns as you need them. You'll have to actively participate in the match.

I think that would put a positive spin on the gameplay.
dballa0880

BIGSxNPTACTIX19 wrote:

It probably happens to people who use a lot of ammo, it happens to me a lot, I generally just run out and get killed so I can get my gun back.
dballa0880

arthas125 wrote:

BIGSxNPTACTIX19 wrote:

you could just swap to your pistol and kill, easy, now, if your aiming suck, well then that might be a problem, that's why ppl relly on it so much, "bullets can't kill it? oh then my mighty knife will 1!1"

I think he means you run out of ammo in both your pistol and primary...
dballa0880

dballa0880 wrote:

BIGSxNPTACTIX19 wrote:

It probably happens to people who use a lot of ammo, it happens to me a lot, I generally just run out and get killed so I can get my gun back.

Yea this happens to a lot of players who go on long kill streaks.
Flavafiske46
Yea, and if there isn't a gun lying on the ground most people...(in the WaW days, when kill streaks were 357) they would just die and get back into the action.
dballa0880
in reply to dballa0880

jwalk wrote:

2) They would then need to bring back rifle melee

I see no problem with this.
temporalAgent

Studios