Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

Knife as a secondary would be cool, I cant see too many people using it though. If commando isnt in this game then I would be happy with the regular knife we have in World at War.
thefreshprince

thefreshprince wrote:

Knife as a secondary would be cool, I cant see too many people using it though. If commando isnt in this game then I would be happy with the regular knife we have in World at War.

that's the point...you have to make teh choice.
dballa0880
This leaves one flaw. Leaving a player knife-less in some situations. It would be a better idea to have a knife as a Third weapon, after secondary. Primary, sidearm, knife.
drugdealer
i think the knife shouldnt be secondary it should be mapped to the d-pad this way u can still have both..imo this would balance the whole me shooting in the face u knifing my foot and they wouldnt need to bring back the melee
theartofkc1
This may be kind of dumb, but what if they had it that if they come from the front and you didn't shoot them fast enough, they do a think like the Banzai chargers in WAW (only you don't have to fall to the ground) and you can just counter it and kill them? It would make people less reliant on the knife if they just get killed trying to use it.
truefalseworld

theartofkc wrote:

i think the knife shouldnt be secondary it should be mapped to the d-pad this way u can still have both..imo this would balance the whole me shooting in the face u knifing my foot and they wouldnt need to bring back the melee

Well we never used the bottom of the dpad for anything did we?
truefalseworld
i dont think we did, i think it should be d-pad ^_^
theartofkc1
Why not my idea? It clearly would work the best. :/
BreakSilence
brilliant!
ItsAMeDanny
in reply to dballa0880

Sane Hedrone wrote:

The knife should never trump the gun.

Also, it's a bit OT, but hip fire should never be more accurate than aiming down sights. Ever.
Agent_Beige

Studios