Knifing in Black Ops Needs to be Addressed

Black Ops forum

its should be d-pad instead of secondary because a knife just isnt enough to take up a secondary spot, nobody would use it and it would lead to dumbass cqc gun fights instead it should be mapped to the d-pad as a last resort then when done with the pistol u can run and knife other than that if it was secondary nobody would use it
theartofkc1

theartofkc wrote:

its should be d-pad instead of secondary because a knife just isnt enough to take up a secondary spot, nobody would use it and it would lead to dumbass cqc gun fights instead it should be mapped to the d-pad as a last resort then when done with the pistol u can run and knife other than that if it was secondary nobody would use it

that's the point, I know people that would rather have a knife than a pistol, you would have to weigh your options.
dballa0880

TrueFalseWorld wrote:

This may be kind of dumb, but what if they had it that if they come from the front and you didn't shoot them fast enough, they do a think like the Banzai chargers in WAW (only you don't have to fall to the ground) and you can just counter it and kill them? It would make people less reliant on the knife if they just get killed trying to use it.

that would be pretty cool
dballa0880

theartofkc wrote:

I kind of agree with this.
GhostSquad
Repost

A knife secondary would be underpowered imo. What we need is the simple but fair and effective Cod4 swipe.

icebankmice3if

dballa0880 wrote:

TrueFalseWorld wrote:

This may be kind of dumb, but what if they had it that if they come from the front and you didn't shoot them fast enough, they do a think like the Banzai chargers in WAW (only you don't have to fall to the ground) and you can just counter it and kill them? It would make people less reliant on the knife if they just get killed trying to use it.

that would be pretty cool

Thanks, glad someone noticed my idea.
truefalseworld
The knife should be like it was in CoD4 and W@W. I wasn't broken in those games, so dont fix it.
yoda429
I think it would be cool if you equiped the knife as asecondary it wpuld be a one slash kill, But if you had a pistol as a secondary or something like that then it would be a weapon mele attack that took like 2-3 hits to kill
BIG_JOLLY_G
yes the knife is frustrating but a secondary knife is just weak, why pick a knife over a magnum
jango9966
They should take notes from Bad Company 2's knife. It only worked at a certain range, was slow, hard to use, and made it so you could knife someone... but it took a lot of time and talent.
gMaN4959

Studios