Lag when shot or shooting?

Black Ops forum

Hi guys,

Just giving some feedback for black ops.

So the lag seems to be a lot better now, I was seeing 5 FPS a lot on launch, now its up to a steady 30 - 60 (Given my rig is on the minimum requirements I'm fine with that). But its still there, the weird part is it only seems to happen when I'm being shot or shooting someone. This represents a problem as freezing when I'm shot really Isn't ideal. Ive tried turning the graphics up and down and to no avail so I would a assume that it is a networking problem to do with sending/receiving packets from the server. I've fiddled with the cl_maxpackets and no change. Its really really aggravating. I plan on upgrading my rig soon but I'm pretty sure the problem is a networking error.

Anyway thats just some feedback.

Hope you guys can keep the patches coming!
_R_aptor
12 REPLIES 12

[ wrote:

aptor":z50i0lwk]Hi guys,

Just giving some feedback for black ops.

So the lag seems to be a lot better now, I was seeing 5 FPS a lot on launch, now its up to a steady 30 - 60 (Given my rig is on the minimum requirements I'm fine with that). But its still there, the weird part is it only seems to happen when I'm being shot or shooting someone. This represents a problem as freezing when I'm shot really Isn't ideal. Ive tried turning the graphics up and down and to no avail so I would a assume that it is a networking problem to do with sending/receiving packets from the server. I've fiddled with the cl_maxpackets and no change. Its really really aggravating. I plan on upgrading my rig soon but I'm pretty sure the problem is a networking error.

Anyway thats just some feedback.

Hope you guys can keep the patches coming!

Same here...my rig beats the minimum requirements hands down and the stutter is still there whenever I try to shoot or am being shot at.

Like yourself it's better than day 1 but it's still evident.

I'm on ADSL2+ @20mbps and I'd have thought that my connection could handle traffic like packets...but it DOES look an awful lot like packet loss.
0zeShiN
bump.

Anyone else got this?
_R_aptor
<--
_Insane_
Yep, makes multiplayer nearly impossible. I can and do play combat training, but it's at the lowest possible graphics setting. The frame rate is still horrid and there is still some jitter.
Megafool
yeah I get it too the kill cams are messed where I zoom in and struggle too stay on target it looks like every one that kills me is a bot with auto aim

I have never had better then 90ping and spike up too 200 even with that good of a ping I set my cl_maxpackets to 50 I think it helped a bit at least

sniping with that lag sucks big time and can not even be done in a non HC game not like there are any sniping maps any ways Fastest gun wins again.
Sketchet
anve94
u r damn right man !! me and my friends all agree that the lag now occuring is when enermies appears or u shooting.

Dont know why this happens tho
spidermanchan
I just got freaking sick and tired of this problem.... stil after 7 days the problems wont end.... game runs fine except this part the shooting part.. i only get stutters when i get hitmarkers though, but still im done with this game... best cod so far, but as soon as i am in a firefight i loose cuz of the f$#$ing framedrop!!!!!! man i really start to throw oranges at the wall out of frustration...
Fast4ward
That seems to be when I get my most lag. When I am just running around I hardly get any. But when it comes time to shoot someone it lags.
kraze1994

Studios