Looks great, but...

Black Ops forum

Hey guys, LOVED the trailer. But is it me, or do the graphics look like they haven't improved one bit? I mean the napalm fire could have looked WAYYY better than it did in the trailer, and I know its far from being here and those aren't the official graphics and all, but I was expecting longer footage of gameplay, not bits of bits. Love how the gore is back, the action, and the excitement, I just expected a little bit more, but is that just me? Leave comments, etc.
jokethis21
14 REPLIES 14
Its a trailer your not expected to get everything this game will offer at one interval... graphics look completely different from trailers then actual in-game footage especially if you have a Hi-Def TV.

Its improved slightly from MW2 graphics I assure you...
kaizersosa
Its improved WE all know it has
WolfPack890

kaizersosa wrote:

Its a trailer your not expected to get everything this game will offer at one interval... graphics look completely different from trailers then actual in-game footage especially if you have a Hi-Def TV.

Well said!
Jonesey5709
It was the first trailer. They not done with the game yet. I don't think that was even gameplay. Just wait.
shieldtron
Treyarch has plenty of time to polish that baby up.
MaTtKs

Jonesey5709 wrote:

kaizersosa wrote:

Well said!

x2
lakers129

lakers129 wrote:

Jonesey5709 wrote:

kaizersosa wrote:

Well said!

x2

Likewise, this trailer showed vast improvements from MW2, and imagine how well it will be with about 175 days left to polish and improve, like what MaTtKs said.
XxSeraphimxX
i dont see any gore in the trailer. this makes me scared. my shotgun...there is no point.
guydude
I wouldn't say the graphics look alot better than Modern Warfare 2's; while they are great in general, in looking at some of the stuff in the trailer alot of the stuff still looks blocky, and in some of the stills on the website, the snow screenshot shows rather blocky cliffs. The textures don't look all that refined or impressive yet.

I'm no graphics whore, I think the character models are looking great already. It's just the environments that Treyarch really needs to work on in the graphical department. They all look very rough and last gen compared to the environments Infinity Ward managed to pull off in Modern Warfare 2.

I hope Treyarch can correct this, everything else looks nice though. The explosions could use work too, though.
Staff_Sergeant_

Studios