MP Map Layout

Black Ops forum

in reply to monste_blast
CoD4 maps = The Best.
cross-x-fades
in reply to monste_blast
I love TreyArch's maps more, just that they aren't craptastic like MW2.
monste_blast
in reply to monste_blast

monste blast wrote:

Have you ever noticed how many nooks and crannies are in MW2

Look at Quarry

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091205204616/callofduty/images/thumb/2/28/Quarry.png/180px-Quarry.png

Then Pipeline

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080316234628/callofduty/images/thumb/7/7e/Pipeline.jpg/300px-Pipeline.jpg

Don't you notice how much less complicated Pipeline is over Quarry.

The reason I dislike MW2 so much is because wide open maps with endless lines of sight promote camping, boosting, and unfair gameplay in general.

Treyarch, please make sure that BO's maps stay less complicated, like COD4 and W@W maps, and avoid the atrocity that is MW2

Agreed.
WUMP4
in reply to monste_blast
I say they keep the same design philosophy they had with WAW's maps. I really liked WAW's maps.
supa_troopa5089
in reply to monste_blast
+1
sk408
in reply to monste_blast
AS I have said before, WAW's maps were so great. The only one i didn't like was station, otherwise it was amazing.
monste_blast
in reply to monste_blast
I was going to say the problem was if anything, that all of the 'good' defensive spots are so exposed to flanking routes (and cut off from being able to fight the other team's defenders) that any player who wanted to be more passive was given little choice but to just find the nearest corner and sit there like a waiting land mine.

You want to make camping less of a problem? The answer is to let the campers fight other campers. Let major vantage points have views that let them engage other prominent vantage points. And as much as we know that flanking is the necessary counterpart to this behavior, if the maps have such overbearingly easy backdoor routes to every useful spot, no one will use the normal spots and improvise just the way they did in MW2.
Mickilla
in reply to monste_blast

Mickilla wrote:

I was going to say the problem was if anything, that all of the 'good' defensive spots are so exposed to flanking routes (and cut off from being able to fight the other team's defenders) that any player who wanted to be more passive was given little choice but to just find the nearest corner and sit there like a waiting land mine.

You want to make camping less of a problem? The answer is to let the campers fight other campers. Let major vantage points have views that let them engage other prominent vantage points. And as much as we know that flanking is the necessary counterpart to this behavior, if the maps have such overbearingly easy backdoor routes to every useful spot, no one will use the normal spots and improvise just the way they did in MW2.

Flanking was created as to avoid hot spots.

On maps in MW2, there isn't any hotspots because of all these lines of sights and little corners. This is mainly the reason that MW2 is such a camp fest with a lot of random deaths.
monste_blast
in reply to monste_blast
bump
monste_blast
in reply to monste_blast
just gotta point out ive never seen camping in shipment! the only thing coming close to camping on shipment is in domination mode.

please dont try and make a small map like shipment only for it to become the biggest fail map ever like rust

i love the small map idea i love shipment cuz it was simple and rust from mw2 was the worste map ive ever seen
craftyshot

Studios