More Double XP

Black Ops forum

It would be nice if Treyarch did DXP weekends every other week. I know for sure that Bungie does DXP weekends every week in Halo 3, and possibly Reach. Why is Treyarch so stingy with XP? I think that if they made it easier to Prestige like this, boosters would not be so prevalent.



For someone who can play BO all day every day, this may seem unnecessary. For those of us who have a life outside of video games, Pretiging is a long, boring process that takes a lot of fun out of the game.



This past weekend, I went from Lvl 50 non-Prestige to Lvl 20 something 1st Prestige. It was a very enjoyable experience, because I felt like I was actually getting somewhere. If every other week featured DXP, I might even go all the way to 15th Prestige.



Treyarch, please do not ignore the casual gamers. We love the game as much as everyone else, even if we can't spend much time playing it.
DarthVenom1
Likes: 0
Posts: 267
Registered: ‎23-11-2010
7 REPLIES 7

DarthVenom1 wrote:

 

boosters would not be so prevalent.







They're not prevalent now. I NEVER see boosters.





It's not hard to rank up without double XP. and if you're a "casual gamer" why do you care so much about ranking up?
OMFGimJOE
Likes: 0
Posts: 1534
Registered: ‎17-10-2011
i agree, dbl xp more often would be nice,maybe once a month
houchman
Likes: 0
Posts: 67
Registered: ‎26-11-2010

OMFGimJOE wrote:

 

It's not hard to rank up without double XP. and if you're a "casual gamer" why do you care so much about ranking up?





If you only get to play once a week, it takes 3-5 weeks at least to get to Lvl 50. I'm using casual gamer in the sense of someone who doesn't play the game much, not someone who doesn't care about the game. I want extra class slots and gold camo as much as anyone.



Have you actually got any legitimate reason why more double XP would be a bad thing? Nitpicking my post isn't really contributing to the thread.
DarthVenom1
Likes: 0
Posts: 267
Registered: ‎23-11-2010
Everyone would be too high of a level and it take out the point of playing the game.

Prestige has lost the majority of it's meaning already, no need to destroy it completely by having everybody be 15th prestige this early after release.
OMFGimJOE
Likes: 0
Posts: 1534
Registered: ‎17-10-2011

OMFGimJOE wrote:

 

Everyone would be too high of a level and it take out the point of playing the game.

Prestige has lost the majority of it's meaning already, no need to destroy it completely by having everybody be 15th prestige this early after release.





I really don't care about what Prestige means, I just want the extra goodies that come with Prestige. So far as I'm concerned, I don't want the special emblems or backgrounds, or even the gold camo. If I could get those 5 extra class slots without Prestiging, I would. As it is, 5 extra classes requires way too great of an investment of time and effort. In my opinion, it's ridiculous that the game doesn't have 10 class slots by default.



And how has Prestige lost any meaning? In my eyes, it never had any meaning to begin with. All it means is that you spend way too much time doing something over and over again.



If having a higher rank than someone else is the your only reason for playing BO, then maybe you need to find another game.
DarthVenom1
Likes: 0
Posts: 267
Registered: ‎23-11-2010

DarthVenom1 wrote:

 

I want extra class slots and gold camo as much as anyone.







DarthVenom1 wrote:

 

So far as I'm concerned, I don't want the special emblems or backgrounds, or even the gold camo.









Then you say you want to rank up and prestige quicker, but contradict yourself AGAIN and say people waste their life on prestiging?





I'm just going to leave this thread. Have fun.
OMFGimJOE
Likes: 0
Posts: 1534
Registered: ‎17-10-2011

OMFGimJOE wrote:

 

DarthVenom1 wrote:

 

I want extra class slots and gold camo as much as anyone.







DarthVenom1 wrote:

 

So far as I'm concerned, I don't want the special emblems or backgrounds, or even the gold camo.









Then you say you want to rank up and prestige quicker, but contradict yourself AGAIN and say people waste their life on prestiging?





I'm just going to leave this thread. Have fun.





Yeah, nice try, but you just made my point for me. I say that people waste time on Prestiging BECAUSE it takes so long. If you could do one Prestige in a couple of days, that would be worth it, and not a waste of life.



I guess you got me on the gold camo though. I'm sorry if I didn't make it completely clear that gold camo is a secondary concern to me.



I notice that once again, you can't refute my arguments. All you can do is nitpick my words.
DarthVenom1
Likes: 0
Posts: 267
Registered: ‎23-11-2010

Studios