My Disk Broke, Can I get it Replaced? ( Digital Download) )

Black Ops forum

So a few days ago my Black Ops disk broke, and I was wondering if I could get it replaced digitally if at all, because that is the most fair way in the respect that I can't just take it to Gamestop as a trade in and totally rip you off. I can provide proof that I still have the game and it is, in fact, broken. I also have bought the First Strike DLC, as well as all 4 Call of Duty: World at War DLC's ( Which should also tell you that you make exponentially better DLC than Infinity Ward, keep it up) . I am not going to go and buy a new copy of Black Ops if I can't get it replaced , because frankly there are too many games coming out that I want to get. But if you would replace it via the marketplace or send me a new disk, I would greatly appreciate it and probably buy more DLC when I get the M$ points. My GT is BRADEN OWNZ

Thanks, you made an awesome game.
imortalpwnr
14 REPLIES 14
I would imagine the answer would be a no. You broke it, your fault. Thats the way everyone looks at things these days unfortunately
Rober666
No, but I believe if you contact Activision, you can get a replacement for cheap. There are threads here on how to do so, just search
virgoddess

Rober666 wrote:

I would imagine the answer would be a no. You broke it, your fault. Thats the way everyone looks at things these days unfortunately

Actually it's the packaging companies since 2009, the ring in the game box goes in tightly inside the ring on the disk and cause it to crack when you pull it out of the case after a while. Then eventually game disks get cracked bad, like the Black Ops disk I have now and many other games I have more minor issues with the ring but they still play.
imortalpwnr
I had the same thing happen to me. I contacted Activision, and they processed a warranty claim. They sent me a brand new game for $20.

I've had this happen to other "well played" games. I noticed that they all have the similar case design, which creates a lot of tension when the disk is removed. I've leaned from the experience, and I now file the teeth off of the case that secure the disk. It now takes little effort to remove the disk, and hopefully has eliminated the problem.
slap1i

imortalpwnr wrote:

Rober666 wrote:

Actually it's the packaging companies since 2009, the ring in the game box goes in tightly inside the ring on the disk and cause it to crack when you pull it out of the case after a while. Then eventually game disks get cracked bad, like the Black Ops disk I have now and many other games I have more minor issues with the ring but they still play.

you know that if you push down on that little ring inside the case that it will release your disk. You shouldn't reach in and yank your disk out... if it is bending when you pull it out then that should tell you that you might just be doing something wrong.
That6uy420p
Highlighted

Same thing just happened to me with black ops4 where can i contact them

KiefchickG

That6uy420p wrote:

imortalpwnr wrote:

Rober666 wrote:

you know that if you push down on that little ring inside the case that it will release your disk. You shouldn't reach in and yank your disk out... if it is bending when you pull it out then that should tell you that you might just be doing something wrong.

My disk never comes out of the XBOX. Only disk in there since release and will only come out 11/08/11. Then that disk will be there for 365 days.
bigpapa_smacdwn

That6uy420p wrote:

The box design that Black Ops went with is the worst one I've seen. Even when the center is depressed properly, the teeth don't retract enough for the disk to freely come out. It does the job of holding it in place, but it resists disk removal. The best design is the one that looks like a yin-yang, which two halves that have a full 1/8" of movement to release the disk.
slap1i
rent one and return the broken disk.
GsR_Roush

Studios