My Disk Broke, Can I get it Replaced? ( Digital Download) )

Black Ops forum

I always felt that the video game company should just give you a new copy as long as you sent the old one in. In reality, you arnt paying for the physical disk and case when you buy the game. You a paying for the content. The disk and case probably cost under 1 dollor for material to make them. So as long as you just pay for shipping and handleing, you should be able to get a new copy because you already bought payed for all the content. Personally I have never wrecked any game I owned because I take care of my things. But if I was to accidentally ruin a game, I would expect the company to send me a new one with no questions.
owiseguyo

GsR Roush wrote:

rent one and return the broken disk.

lol no
imortalpwnr

imortalpwnr wrote:

So a few days ago my Black Ops disk broke, and I was wondering if I could get it replaced digitally if at all, because that is the most fair way in the respect that I can't just take it to Gamestop as a trade in and totally rip you off. I can provide proof that I still have the game and it is, in fact, broken. I also have bought the First Strike DLC, as well as all 4 Call of Duty: World at War DLC's ( Which should also tell you that you make exponentially better DLC than Infinity Ward, keep it up) . I am not going to go and buy a new copy of Black Ops if I can't get it replaced , because frankly there are too many games coming out that I want to get. But if you would replace it via the marketplace or send me a new disk, I would greatly appreciate it and probably buy more DLC when I get the M$ points. My GT is BRADEN OWNZ

Thanks, you made an awesome game.

Even IF they had a warranty and you could get a replacement you still will not be able to get it replaced on a different medium. Just like if you bought a CD from amazon, you would not be able to get the digital versions of the songs for free.

Best thing you should have done was copy it to your hard drive and used the disk for verification.

I cant understand how all these people can have broken or majorly scratched disks when my disk is still in perfect condition. I dont have space on the harddrive so I play off the disk. 1 year later I STILL have no disk scratches and I change it out everyday.
starbuckfrack Level 72

imortalpwnr wrote:

GsR Roush wrote:

rent one and return the broken disk.

lol no

OK, how about this. borrow it off a freind and then hand him back the broken one using sleight of hand. Tell him "Why are you trying to lend me a broken disk" ?

OR

Go over his house and tell him that MS just posted a news report to verify all disks due to hardware issues. When you freind goes to check it tell him "Thats OK I will get it because I read what to look out for". Then pull the old switcheroo and say "YEP, they were right, good thing I decided to help you out while Gamestop is still open. Lets go get you another game right after we stop off at my place."
starbuckfrack Level 72

imortalpwnr wrote:

Rober666 wrote:

I would imagine the answer would be a no. You broke it, your fault. Thats the way everyone looks at things these days unfortunately

Actually it's the packaging companies since 2009, the ring in the game box goes in tightly inside the ring on the disk and cause it to crack when you pull it out of the case after a while. Then eventually game disks get cracked bad, like the Black Ops disk I have now and many other games I have more minor issues with the ring but they still play.

Well why hasnt the same thing happened to any of my disks ?? I have had only 1 DVD that was cracked due to improper removal. And I have 900 movies and or games.

No offense but you are most likely bending the disk too much to get it out. Try it this way on most DVD holders it works well, when you get the disk out bend the "case" by pushing in on the center peice instead of getting the disk out with the case flat. Or try spinning the disk aronud the spindle and it comes out while mostly flat. Thets how I get Blops out of the special metal case that its in. The only ones that suck are the ones with the spindle that has the button as a circle in the middle and the outer circle is connected by 6 or 8 little peices of plastic. You need a jackhammer to get those out.

The rings are different on every DVD / Game case. They havent gotten any worse or better Depends on who can sell them the cheapest case.

My 6 DVD set of Star Wars has 4 holders made one way and two holders made another way. The set of 2 make the disk stay in place but the set of 4 never hold the disk. Those 4 have the "yin-yang" type of center button.
starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios