Official Sidearms Discussion

Black Ops forum

Wasn't the AA-12 a prototype in the 70's, can i haz shotgunz,

jk
sk408
Highlighted

dot. killer wrote:

go back to waw system, with shotties. but keep machine pistols a secondary with pistols, and rocket launchers. also keep akimbo for machine and regular pistols.

I would have to disagree. Akimbo should either be completely erased, or only apply to single shot sidearms i.e, pistols.
joeyb2020
I vote for only pistols.
shilo25
I think akimbo is pointless...how would they reload efficiently?
Flavafiske46
Pistols as sidearms and the knife as a secondary please.

SMG's had no real point in MW2. Why use one when you could have a shotgun secondary instead? Not to mention commando which ****ed SMG's over and the fact that AR's could take them anyways.

Plus the knife as a secondary is a good trade-off...its a nice silent kill, unlimited ammo, and comes out in the blink of an eye.
DropDragon
I actually wouldn't mind having only pistols as secondaries(so long as I get my M1911), though I don't think launchers belong as perks.
montand_sarm
No shotguns. Handguns and Machine Pistols only. MAYBE launchers.
abused_mongoose
stick to the roots so no ,but put pistol camos like gold and packapunch camo.
Aaron_K_-47

DropDragon wrote:

Pistols as sidearms and the knife as a secondary please.

SMG's had no real point in MW2. Why use one when you could have a shotgun secondary instead? Not to mention commando which ****ed SMG's over and the fact that AR's could take them anyways.

Plus the knife as a secondary is a good trade-off...its a nice silent kill, unlimited ammo, and comes out in the blink of an eye.

exactly.
dballa0880

Abused_Mongoose wrote:

No shotguns. Handguns and Machine Pistols only. MAYBE launchers.

One could carry a Launcher with like 2 rounds as a secondary, but lose all equipments... Cause one can rightfully hope for 2 kills out of 2 Launcher rounds, and about the same out of 1 frag + 2 special 'nades.

The skills needed to get 2 kills out of all equipments are higher than the skills needed to shoot a rocket in the hole & score a triple kill, so one Launcher guy could be (fairly) slowed down a bit in movement and aiming to balance.
noobtubeinstinc

Studios