Official Sidearms Discussion

Black Ops forum

pistols need to be a 2-3 shot at any distance but have recoil so you have to shoot slower to hit people at long range.

a 1 shot head shot pistol with lots of recoil that loses danger over range very quickly would be nice

kinda like how the deagle was 1 shot head shot in counter strike at close range which was really fun and i think everyone enjoyed it and no one thought it was over powered
harrison_93
Keep secondary weapons as pistols only, everything else as a primary option.

The key is balance. If you choose a sniper rifle as a primary weapon then you've got great long range killing potential, but you should be weak up close to compensate. Cod 4 got this spot on, if someone with an SMG or Assault rifle met you in close quarters chances are you were dead. Its that trade off of long range stopping power but weak up close, thats the choice and the sacrifice you make. By putting in shotties and machine pistols as secondaries you have someone who is deadly at both long and close quarter distances.
Brave27heart

Brave27heart wrote:

Keep secondary weapons as pistols only, everything else as a primary option.

The key is balance. If you choose a sniper rifle as a primary weapon then you've got great long range killing potential, but you should be weak up close to compensate. Cod 4 got this spot on, if someone with an SMG or Assault rifle met you in close quarters chances are you were dead. Its that trade off of long range stopping power but weak up close, thats the choice and the sacrifice you make. By putting in shotties and machine pistols as secondaries you have someone who is deadly at both long and close quarter distances.

Yea, it worked well in WaW too.
dballa0880
All I have to say about this topic is ; when 7 foot tall space warriors consider akimbo too powerful. I think you know the rest.
Horns-Among-the
I think they should include a few pistols but a little research and upgrade-able ammo,barrels,ETC. kind of like Army of Two but no explosive ammo or fake ammo, more hollow tips(added damage),FMJ(added penetration),and weighted/lightened ammo.
BradBunz

BradBunz wrote:

I think they should include a few pistols but a little research and upgrade-able ammo,barrels,ETC. kind of like Army of Two but no explosive ammo or fake ammo, more hollow tips(added damage),FMJ(added penetration),and weighted/lightened ammo.

well we know there explosive tipped crossbows...
dballa0880
I liked the system of MW2, but only because the shottys had a really limited range. For this game i'd like to see some shottys with bigger ranges allowing them to be used in MP and SP more often without screwing up stats.
bobsniper

bobsniper wrote:

I liked the system of MW2, but only because the shottys had a really limited range. For this game i'd like to see some shottys with bigger ranges allowing them to be used in MP and SP more often without screwing up stats.

Please tell me this guy is kidding..?

In MW2 the longest range shotgun (thats worth a crap) is the SPAS-12, with a top range of seventeen meters.

World at War's top range shotty(trench gun)? 15 meters. Now, that might sound close...but consider this:

The SPAS-12 shoots 8 pellets, each doing damage of 40(A soldier has 100 health, btw). That 40 damage is reduced over range down to 20 per pellet (17 meters).

The Trench Gun shoots 8 pellets as well, each doing 30 damage, or 10 at range (15 meters).

If it were possible and all eight pellets from the trench gun hit you at 15 meters, you would not die. If you were using the SPAS-12, and if it were possible to have all 8 pellets hit you at 17 meters, you would die.

Not saying this is really bad, but there's NO WAY they should be secondary weapons if they're going to have that kind of range.
IcedEarth213
The secondary weapons should be pistols and knives.
JJ7000

dballa0880 wrote:

dot. killer wrote:

go back to waw system, with shotties. but keep machine pistols a secondary with pistols, and rocket launchers. also keep akimbo for machine and regular pistols.

can anyone really shoot that accurately akmibo...idk i don't really like the concept...maybe if they were more inaccurate...but definitely no akmibo shotgun.

Yeah deffinately no akimbo shotguns. And if the rang on them is like it was in mw2, keep them primary
XxHolyxWarsxX

Studios