Official Sidearms Discussion

Black Ops forum

dballa0880 wrote:

 

starguy2012 wrote:

 

best way in my opinion



Pistols



m1911

walther PPK

magnum 50ae

etc



Launchers

RPG

trackin bazooka



akimbo should be available for all pistols as well as silencers





best way they can do it in my opinion



there is no way you could control the recoil of a .50 cal magnum...that would be bad for your face when you pull the trigger.





indeed, they are powerfull enough writhout akimbo so there is no need for it on them, instead, early pistol could use akimbo, but the accuracy should decrease a bit, not the damage, because the whole point of akimbo is to increase damage
arthas125
Likes: 2
Posts: 2332
Registered: ‎18-05-2010

starguy2012 wrote:

 

you also cant run around no scoping people with a barret 50. cal but thats in MW2 lol



i just think it would be a badass gun to have in the gam, kinda like the deagle



a one shot with a sniper in MW2 hahahahahahah you are funny :smile: lol, yea I don't like no scoping much either...it was fun in CoD 4 but it ultimately got old...especially when people are doing it with thermal scopes.
dballa0880
Likes: 3
Posts: 6187
Registered: ‎21-09-2011
My opinions on sidearms or secondary weapons have always been the same since COD4.



Sane Hedrone in this thread http wrote:

 





Secondary weapons



They need a HUGE overhaul. Its crucial for both primary weapon balance, and the skill an complexity of the game that Shotguns, machine pistols, and launchers be completely redone.



Shotgun secondaries need to go, period. Shotguns should be primary weapons. They are as strong as a primary weapon, and therefore they belong in that slot. Whats the point of using an SMG, if you can have an AR (mid-long range superiority) and a shotgun (close range superiority)? The question is rhetorical. SMGs in MW2 (save the UMP) are practically useless, when an AR/LMG + shotgun have way more versatility and effectiveness. And there is no penalty.



You also need to consider, players shouldn't be able to do everything. In any FPS game, one of the core balancing factors that is applied to weapons is that there was incentive for the weapon to not be used. Shotgun secondaries remove this balancing factor completely. Why not use a sniper rifle, since its close range disadvantages mean nothing when you have a shotgun. The point is, people shouldn't have infinite versatility, and shotgun secondaries do just that. Not only that, but it takes away from many strategies that could be involved otherwise. Now, I can't sneak up and fight the sniper on his weak spot (CQB), because he doesn't have a weak spot. Shotgun secondaries make everyone a super soldier, and its not the way a game is suppose to be played. There needs to be skill involved.



That also brings me to machine pistols. They need to be removed, flat out. They are just as effective at close range as SMGs, and in the case of the m93 or pp2k, they are supper effective at medium-long range, more so than other assault rifles. If their made primaries, they will just be useless, so they simply need to be removed.



And now I'm at launchers. Because handguns and launchers will be all that remains, launchers will become overused, and abused, and overpowered. Therefore, launchers can't be secondary weapons. Otherwise everyone will have their own grenade launcher (which will be another point I make about the grenade launcher), and it will just nullify why shotguns and machine pistols were taken away. Imagine if everyone was using explosives, constantly (you probably already can, its called ground war). There would be no point to cover, no point to shooting your gun. The game would just become frustrating.



Launchers could take up a first perk slot (like they did in COD4 & W@W), or they could simply be primary weapons, I don't know. But they CANNOT be secondary weapons. That is my first suggestion.



My second suggestion, is that you add speed into the equation. So, keep shotguns and machine pistols and launchers the way they are, but give them appropriate speed penalties. It makes sense that a soldier carrying an Assault Rifle and a shotgun would be slower than a soldier carrying an Assault rifle and a handgun.



I'm just throwing out numbers, but essentially, lets say when you equip a machine pistol as your secondary weapon, you get a 3% speed decrease. So if I'm using an SMG, and I'm using a machine pistol secondary, then I move at 97% speed.



I don't think the penalty should exist for launchers that can only shoot down air support (like the stinger missiles in MW2) but its a thought.


Sane_Hedrone
Likes: 0
Posts: 1441
Registered: ‎18-05-2010

Sane Hedrone wrote:

 

My opinions on sidearms or secondary weapons have always been the same since COD4.



Sane Hedrone in this thread http wrote:

 





Secondary weapons



They need a HUGE overhaul. Its crucial for both primary weapon balance, and the skill an complexity of the game that Shotguns, machine pistols, and launchers be completely redone.



Shotgun secondaries need to go, period. Shotguns should be primary weapons. They are as strong as a primary weapon, and therefore they belong in that slot. Whats the point of using an SMG, if you can have an AR (mid-long range superiority) and a shotgun (close range superiority)? The question is rhetorical. SMGs in MW2 (save the UMP) are practically useless, when an AR/LMG + shotgun have way more versatility and effectiveness. And there is no penalty.



You also need to consider, players shouldn't be able to do everything. In any FPS game, one of the core balancing factors that is applied to weapons is that there was incentive for the weapon to not be used. Shotgun secondaries remove this balancing factor completely. Why not use a sniper rifle, since its close range disadvantages mean nothing when you have a shotgun. The point is, people shouldn't have infinite versatility, and shotgun secondaries do just that. Not only that, but it takes away from many strategies that could be involved otherwise. Now, I can't sneak up and fight the sniper on his weak spot (CQB), because he doesn't have a weak spot. Shotgun secondaries make everyone a super soldier, and its not the way a game is suppose to be played. There needs to be skill involved.



That also brings me to machine pistols. They need to be removed, flat out. They are just as effective at close range as SMGs, and in the case of the m93 or pp2k, they are supper effective at medium-long range, more so than other assault rifles. If their made primaries, they will just be useless, so they simply need to be removed.



And now I'm at launchers. Because handguns and launchers will be all that remains, launchers will become overused, and abused, and overpowered. Therefore, launchers can't be secondary weapons. Otherwise everyone will have their own grenade launcher (which will be another point I make about the grenade launcher), and it will just nullify why shotguns and machine pistols were taken away. Imagine if everyone was using explosives, constantly (you probably already can, its called ground war). There would be no point to cover, no point to shooting your gun. The game would just become frustrating.



Launchers could take up a first perk slot (like they did in COD4 & W@W), or they could simply be primary weapons, I don't know. But they CANNOT be secondary weapons. That is my first suggestion.



My second suggestion, is that you add speed into the equation. So, keep shotguns and machine pistols and launchers the way they are, but give them appropriate speed penalties. It makes sense that a soldier carrying an Assault Rifle and a shotgun would be slower than a soldier carrying an Assault rifle and a handgun.



I'm just throwing out numbers, but essentially, lets say when you equip a machine pistol as your secondary weapon, you get a 3% speed decrease. So if I'm using an SMG, and I'm using a machine pistol secondary, then I move at 97% speed.



I don't think the penalty should exist for launchers that can only shoot down air support (like the stinger missiles in MW2) but its a thought.





I never understood why when you have a bazooka out you run slow but if you put it on your back you go to normal speed...
dballa0880
Likes: 3
Posts: 6187
Registered: ‎21-09-2011

dballa0880 wrote:

 

starguy2012 wrote:

 

you also cant run around no scoping people with a barret 50. cal but thats in MW2 lol



i just think it would be a badass gun to have in the gam, kinda like the deagle



a one shot with a sniper in MW2 hahahahahahah you are funny :smile: lol, yea I don't like no scoping much either...it was fun in CoD 4 but it ultimately got old...especially when people are doing it with thermal scopes.







agreed, maybe like the guy above said where the less powerful pistols could be akimboed but the more powerful revolvers and stuff would just be single. it is very possible to use a 50ae revolver








lol
starguy2012
Likes: 1
Posts: 469
Registered: ‎24-08-2011

starguy2012 wrote:

 

dballa0880 wrote:

 

starguy2012 wrote:

 

you also cant run around no scoping people with a barret 50. cal but thats in MW2 lol



i just think it would be a badass gun to have in the gam, kinda like the deagle



a one shot with a sniper in MW2 hahahahahahah you are funny :smile: lol, yea I don't like no scoping much either...it was fun in CoD 4 but it ultimately got old...especially when people are doing it with thermal scopes.







agreed, maybe like the guy above said where the less powerful pistols could be akimboed but the more powerful revolvers and stuff would just be single. it is very possible to use a 50ae revolver








lol





Awww...how disappointing I was expecting teh recoil to hit him in teh face lol.
dballa0880
Likes: 3
Posts: 6187
Registered: ‎21-09-2011
haha those are the best, some cocky guy thinks he is gonna imprese everyone shooting a gun and...WHAM broken nose
Flavafiske46
Likes: 0
Posts: 188
Registered: ‎12-02-2009
or when it's a chick who thinks she is a BAMF...and the SMACK!!!!
dballa0880
Likes: 3
Posts: 6187
Registered: ‎21-09-2011
Hopin to see semis as the only side arm in the game everything else should be primary imho. If they do allow a full auto sidearm it should have a high learning curve and be well under a smg stat-wise unlike its mw2 counterpart
SlapNTickle
Likes: 0
Posts: 169
Registered: ‎16-08-2009
Handguns as we know them will always be the quintessential backup weapon, blessed with excellent handling, draw times, reloads, and close range power, but with other secondary types available they need something to make them equally viable choices. I say that should come in the form of new attachments. A laser sight for example, which lets you see exactly where within your hip spread your bullet will actually go. Also, what about a carbine stock to add accuracy and stability.



In all honesty I think having launchers as secondaries actually worked quite well. Assuming of course that the launchers are well balanced and are too slow and clunky to be spontaneously wielded at a whim, they can remain in the secondary slot and I won't complain at all.



Shotguns are a bit of a tricky issue. As things stand now they simply can't outperform an SMG because an SMG is just as good up close, and has potential to fight in medium ranges too. If this remains the case in Black Ops then having them as secondaries wouldn't be so bad, the one thing I would be sure to avoid are akimbo shotguns (which literally gain twice the power and magazine size). But a better solution would be to return shotguns to the primary slot, give them a nonlethal mini-stun effect for hits at range, and put the riot shield (if its to return at all that is) in the secondary slot instead.



Machine-pistols are the real problem. Having them available as secondaries pretty much means any class can be a close range killer, which deals a blow to the strategy element of class creation. I say merge them in with full SMGs.



While we're at it, why not consider some completely new ideas for secondaries. For example, what about a mortar tube? More or less it can fill the role that the javelin did in MW2, putting a powerful blow at indirect targets, but taking a long time to get there. Also, perhaps motion sensors (or just old-fashioned tripwires) that can work alone to warn you of intrusions, or be linked to your equipment item to rig it into an impromptu trap. This may be redundant with claymores, but for any other kind of equipment you have the potential to create a proximity mine in a pinch.
Mickilla
Likes: 79
Posts: 1072
Registered: ‎24-09-2011

Studios