Official Sidearms Discussion

Black Ops forum

SlapNTickle wrote:

Hopin to see semis as the only side arm in the game everything else should be primary imho. If they do allow a full auto sidearm it should have a high learning curve and be well under a smg stat-wise unlike its mw2 counterpart

yeah...it's bull when the p2000 can do better than a mp5, also they should not have overpowered guns unlocked at level 10 (mp40, scar, etc.)
dballa0880
yea, most of the weapons used in MW2, are unlocked within the first 10 levels...they need to not have every gun be overpowered.
Flavafiske46
They should include silencers for the pistols this time around.
dballa0880
silencers would be cool.
Flavafiske46
LOL, imagine trying to shoot this with one hand...imagine the pain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MOU8jE4AU

dballa0880
Aikimbo is sure a poor idea, only Chuck Norris and maybe "dot. killer" page 2 could use that effectively on the battlefield.

MW2 shotguns range really sucks, while the spread covers the whole screen and beyond? I'd like better a shotgun as a primary only that has a real shotgun's range and spread.
noobtubeinstinc
someone earlier said they could shoot their pistols at the same time somewhat accurately, but imagine facing a soldier who is in a proper firing position with one gun...you really have no chance.
dballa0880
Yes Pistol as the only sidearm is very good. I also like the knife as a secondary, but I don't at the same time. Knife should be a quick and lethal kill no questions asked. I would like to equip the knife as a weapon itself though (End of Mw2 Campaign if anyone played it.)
Dog_For_Dinner

Dog For Dinner wrote:

Yes Pistol as the only sidearm is very good. I also like the knife as a secondary, but I don't at the same time. Knife should be a quick and lethal kill no questions asked. I would like to equip the knife as a weapon itself though (End of Mw2 Campaign if anyone played it.)

cheesy ending...very corny.
dballa0880
I didn't like it lmao. very cleche imo. Good guys ALWAYS win. Wouldn't that be a difference for this CoD? but seriously if you were to equip the knife with the left dpad for exampe, all kills with the knife from behind were either fast (probably not liked because it would resemble tac knife) or it was very quiet. Another random idea would be a large knife (bowie for example) which could be used to cut down tall grass.
Dog_For_Dinner

Studios