Official Sidearms Discussion

Black Ops forum

Ya know I am all for this having sidearms back in because 1. I acutally use them and 2. A soldier without a sidearm just seems weird. But what is gonna bug me is that players just drop their sidearm for another main weapon and leave the pistol out to rot. So my suggestion is that players can only drop their main weapon if they run out of ammo,only then can they trade their main weapon for another main weapon. People don't give sidearms a chance and thats what makes me sad.
Wolfscar
Only pistols. Shotguns should be a primary. And pistols should be a tad bit better though. Special weapons will come in perk form and replace the pistol.
kamikaze1

Wolfscar wrote:

But what is gonna bug me is that players just drop their sidearm for another main weapon and leave the pistol out to rot. [...] People don't give sidearms a chance and thats what makes me sad.

People don't give side arms (pistols) a chance because they suck, or use them only for the Tactical knife + Commando...

Whether I shoot u in the head with a Pistol 9mm or Sniper Rifle cal.50, only the amount of gore will change but u'll still be laying down dead after the 1st bullet. Pistols power should increase.

Sidearm literally means pistol or revolver, would be nice if one only could pick up 1 Primary and 1 Sidearm.
noobtubeinstinc
they won't change the power...
dballa0880
shotties were fine as sidearms, as long as they keep the play of pellets turning to dust at long range than they should stay sidearms. and akimbo pistols were fine, perhaps not 357s and 45s but 9mms are easy as hell to fire using 2 fingers, nevermind one hand.
gazajed1

arthas125 wrote:

as long as there is a M1911 as a sidearm im happy

Pretty sure they will be, it was the official sidearm at the time.
truefalseworld

noobtubeinstinct wrote:

Wolfscar wrote:

But what is gonna bug me is that players just drop their sidearm for another main weapon and leave the pistol out to rot. [...] People don't give sidearms a chance and thats what makes me sad.

People don't give side arms (pistols) a chance because they suck, or use them only for the Tactical knife + Commando...

Whether I shoot u in the head with a Pistol 9mm or Sniper Rifle cal.50, only the amount of gore will change but u'll still be laying down dead after the 1st bullet. Pistols power should increase.

Sidearm literally means pistol or revolver, would be nice if one only could pick up 1 Primary and 1 Sidearm.

I use my sidearm all the time. My friends were shocked when I was running around with a Tactical Knife on my USP in the early days of MW2 because they just never used them. I'd rather use it then my M4 at close range, it might just be that since I didn't use Steady Aim and Stopping Power with it that it just didn't outmatch other people's SMGs. The Sidearm worked fine though.
truefalseworld
i love using pistols myself. they need to make your sidearm a more desirable option. buff the damage a bit, and make them compete. balance is the name of the game, long live the pistol!
mr_pink

dballa0880 wrote:

What sidearms should be in CoD:BO, and should Treyarch stick to the system they used in WaW, with only semi-automatic pistols, or go the route of IW, and give the player the option to use Shotguns, or machine pistols? I have heard that Treyarch doesn't like the amount of fire it gives the player, and I agree with them, I think they should go back to the old system. And maybe they could make the knife a sidearm.

vahn, a Treyarch developer, already said the guys at Treyarch think having secondaries like machine pistols and shotguns gives the player "too much firepower", which i agree with. so, it will most likely be pistols or possibly launchers depending on what they do with killstreaks which i don't think they'll have too many powerful ones anyways since they don't like the nuke and people camping.

Also about the knife they said they had something special in store for that.

hope this clears up everything you were asking
rob2493
Made a thread about this a while ago, but the M1895 would make an awesome sidearm.
MegaMonkeyChunk

Studios