Official Sidearms Discussion

Black Ops forum

Pistols need better power, other than that I liked the W@W system as-is.
Mikanator1
i remember in waw i struggled to get shotgun kills because of the limited range, so i can understand why they were made secondaries. if they wan shotguns to be primaries (again) give them realistic range so we can actually kill something that's standing beyond arm's reach.

regarding pistols, i actually started using them just now (3rd prestige) and they're better than i thought.

silencers are A MUST. akimbo is totally possible as long as accuracy is reduced accordingly.

i want

-m1911

-walther ppk (used by sog, silenced)

-tokarev, main pistol of vc

-m1895 nagant w/ silencer

-makarov (the pistol, not the guy)

LAUNCHERS, on the other hand, are more debatable. i'm not charging into battle with a 2-shot rpg as my primary. and do they really count as perks? weapons are more akin to equipment in my mind.
play2often
All I want is a Colt M1911 .45

It was my favorite side arm in COD4 and W@W.
lace23
i wanna be able to put the pistol as a primary weapon and id love to have the knife as secondary, i love just goin round for ages just getting kills by knifing then if they fire shoot them a bit
deathcomer1

dot. killer wrote:

go back to waw system, with shotties. but keep machine pistols a secondary with pistols, and rocket launchers. also keep akimbo for machine and regular pistols.

Thats pretty much the same as MW2 but with out shotguns with secondaries. Akimbo was a stupid idea that IW came up with to make the game look "cooler" to the casual gaming community a.k.a noobs. Machine pistols should be with the Sub Machine guns, shotguns as primaries. The secondary slot should only be for Pistol and Lauchers, something Treyarch said they were very keen on doing.
M4King
Pistols and rocket launchers only as secondaries. Shotguns, machine pistols, and what-have-you just gives people to complain about.
staypuftgiant
Whatever could realistically fit in a holster should be a side arm. Mainly semi automatic pistols. Not shotguns, especially if they are MW2 good. Maybe some machine pistols, but not overpowered, they should have a lot of recoil, and actually be machine pistols.
CarolinaHcanes
I don't mind Machine Pistols as secondaries, but like everything else, they need to be balanced. I believe the PP2000 was a good secondary. It wasn't overly strong, but got the job done in a tight pinch. Still could be out-classed by Assault Rifles and SMGs, but gave you a chance.
kastro187420

xKING777x wrote:

Yes the pistols only is a good idea, but the knife as a sidarm? NO WAY D:

Wat u scared of SHOOTING somebody in close quarter combat?
Dominator_Tom_N

Kastro187420 wrote:

I don't mind Machine Pistols as secondaries, but like everything else, they need to be balanced. I believe the PP2000 was a good secondary. It wasn't overly strong, but got the job done in a tight pinch. Still could be out-classed by Assault Rifles and SMGs, but gave you a chance.

I think that gun was way overpowered.
dballa0880

Studios