Post a reply whenever your game freezes

Black Ops forum

Highlighted
I just thought I should do a little experiment. My PS3 has frozen several times today from playing Black Ops so I thought I'd post a reply in this thread every time it freezes from now on to see/show those whose PS3:s aren't freezing how often this actually happens.

Post if your PS3 crashes. Smiley Tongue

EDIT: Forgot to mention I created this thread now just after it froze.
Frormlandts1
33 REPLIES 33
Just Freezed D;

3Arc Suck, they can't even code a game from an OLD patched, and patched and repatched game engine (COD: WaW)

This situation persist from day one.... there LOT OF framerae issues, temp-freeze, crash etc... and what the hell they fix???

Those SECONDARY useless sh!t

LIVE FIXES

11/5

- Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side

- Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side

- User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

11/9

- Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts

- Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu

11/10

- Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/11

- Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers

- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

11/12

- Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access

- Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access

- Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option

IN PROGRESS

- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster

- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)

- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)

- Additional improvements to party system

[anger]

YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATLY FIX CIRITCAL BUGS, not stupid leaderboards issues!

You can't even code a proper game because you ported this sh!t from 360, and not viceersa because you want spend less money.

My game crashed something like 30 times from day one.

I'll headshot you if my blu ray drive stop working because of your noobie coding skills.

[/anger]
Au{R}oN
Didn´t had any game freeze yet. So knock on wood I only have frame rate issues like crazy.
Horrorman Level 75
Yea my system froze 4 times so far(NOT GOOD). And when it does there wil be a flicker and odd text appears on the Multiplayer menus.

WTF is that and it has never happend till black ops. FIX!!! HELP!
bdubs0420
ive had 5 total freezes. 3 of them have been have been while i have been in create a class, setting up stuff. the other 2 were during loading/host leaving game. these were full system freezes, i had to turn off the system and restart. i also had the game freeze but my ps3 menu still worked so i quit game and restarted game.
gabby09
Lol, just took me 4 sign-in attempts to even post a reply - at least Treyarch are nothing but consistent with their awful coding and subsequent testing... Had 5 freezes in total - 3 of them in 2hrs on Saturday. Just decided not going to bother playing until they patch it.

Only other game this has ever happened to me on was for the BETA of Assassins Creed the other month. Ubisoft patched it within 3days and never again... Did I mention that BlackOps is a +£40 BETA....??

Good news is Assassins Creed comes out in a few days so at least there's one game which has been properly tested and coded that I can play
saracen9
Mine has just crashed, this must be the 5 or 6th time. Hope for a patch ASAP
paradox1212
you need put your PS3 in 480p ¦)

Note: PS3 have 480i, 480p,576i,576p,720 p ,1080i and 1080p .

Black Ops will run very smooth in 576P on PS3...Black Ops have 576p of native resolution.
Mike_Maluco
I've had a couple today.

I'm surprised Sony have given this game the green light aren't all games supposed to be tested by them?
maninashed

Mike_Maluco wrote:

you need put your PS3 in 480p ¦)

Note: PS3 have 480i, 480p,576i,576p,720 p ,1080i and 1080p .

Black Ops will run very smooth in 576P on PS3...Black Ops have 576p of native resolution.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment Mike I believe that would probably defeat the purpose of buying a £200 next-generation console and a 50inch widescreen 1080p TV... If I wanted to play a sub-SD game I would've got the old N64 console out the loft or, alternatively, just play AngryBirds on the iPhone
saracen9

Studios