DJmavs531 wrote:

I before E except after C

What about the word 'their'?
Bugle_Duck

Bugle_Duck wrote:

DJmavs531 wrote:

I before E except after C

What about the word 'their'?

without my reading glasses on I misread the 'c' in duck as an I. I thought you were bragging or something...

Snakedoctor59
Snowmen keep their money in snow banks.
JINX_1391
Snow women like snow balls.
Snakedoctor59
The male sea horse is the one who becomes pregnant when 2 sea horses breed!!!!!hahaha
THE-APOCALPYSE
In Maine, it is illegal for a police officer to tell you to have a nice day after giving you a ticket.

The only member of ZZ Top who didn't have a beard, had the last name Beard.

In the 1940s, the FCC assigned television's Channel 1 to Mobile Services (two-way radios in taxicabs, for instance) but did not re-number the other channel assignments. That's why your TV set has channels 2 and up, but no channel 1.

In California, it's against the law to use your dirty underwear as a dust rag.

The cheetah is the only cat in the world that can't retract its claws.

During the reign of Elizabeth I, there was a tax put on men's beards.

The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day after the Major League All-Star Game.

More food is thrown out each day in the United States than is needed to feed its hungry . . . by McDonalds.
krawl78_-_hosti

SoylentBob wrote:

BCA 2 wrote:

The goldfish factoid generally refers to goldfish memory. It is often disputed, because goldfish can be taught tricks and remember feeding habits. Goldfish will chase other fish around a tank for several seconds, often up to 10, which is the time usually attributed to this factoid.

Main Entry: couth

Pronunciation: \ˈküth\

Function: adjective

Etymology: back-formation from uncouth

Date: 1896

: sophisticated , polished

Couth has been a word for at least 100 years.

Floccinaucinihilipilification is the longest word that can be properly typed using only the left hand.

Antidisestablishmentarianism is the longest English word that can be properly typed using only the left hand.

Sweaterdresses is the longest English word that can be properly touch-typed using only the left hand on a standard Qwerty keyboard.

Sweaterdress has the same amount of letters as stewardesses. Sweater-vests is hyphenated, so it does not count as an equal.

The Dvorak keyboard layout is quite different from the Qwerty layout.

The Colemak layout is also quite different.

The New Standard (it's not a standard, that's just the company name) layout has A-M on the left and N-Z on the right.

I am American and was referring to the standard English 101 key layout. With that said.

Floccinaucinihilipilification and Antidisestablishmentarianism are not the longest word that can be typed using only the left hand with fingers in proper position.

Sweaterdresses is incorrect. It's proper spelling is Sweater dresses TWO WORDS

The others that you pointed out I can not argue with.
bca2

BCA 2 wrote:

I am American and was referring to the standard English 101 key layout. With that said.

Floccinaucinihilipilification and Antidisestablishmentarianism are not the longest word that can be typed using only the left hand with fingers in proper position.

Sweaterdresses is incorrect. It's proper spelling is Sweater dresses TWO WORDS

The others that you pointed out I can not argue with.

Do read the post again carefully. Touch typing and typing are two different animals. Hunt and Peck is still a valid form of typing.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sweaterdress

compare http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sweater%20dress

Main Entry: sweat·er·dress

Pronunciation: \-ËŒdres\

Function: noun

Date: 1952

: a knitted or crocheted dress

Notice both entries contain a bullet between er and dress, not a space as in "nose cone".

Compare entry: cannot.
SoylentBob
flamigos are pink because of the pigments from shrimp

all generas of music besides clasicall are derived from blues

and um... your brain is still active 34 hours after u die sometimes causing the body invoulentary spasms in the coffin
It_Is_Ksher
Unless your Jewish Orthodox, in the Netherlands, or somewhere else they don't embalm people, I pretty sure the pickling process keeps the dead dead.

Wild flamingos are pink because they eat carotene-containing brine shrimp or blue-green algae (depending on which flamingo species). Lacking such food in zoos, they turn white unless fed caroteniferous substitutes--carrots, beets, or red peppers (in the good old days), or the additive canthaxanthin (today).
SoylentBob

Studios